038.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
038. ❛ battle of wakanda.

"FALL BACK!" T'Challa screamed, watching as five gigantic serrated wheels mauled their way towards him. "Fall back now!"

"Focus that fire on the left flank, Sam!" Rhodey ordered, dodging animals left and right in the air when they tried to jump at him.

"I'm doing it!" Sam snapped back, firing at the wheels, but he watched with frustration as the bullets ricocheted off of them.

Across the field, Natasha, Okoye, and Diana were in a small triangle, fighting off the aliens. Natasha had her short staffs, Diana had her swords, and Okoye had her spear. They quickly noticed four out of the five wheels spinning towards them, and all turned away.

Natasha grabbed Diana and pulled her to her chest, protecting the young girl from the wheels heading straight at them.

Before the wheels could crush them, Wanda flew down in front of them, using her telekinetic powers to lift the four wheels into the air. Taking a quick glance back, she grunted as she threw her hands down, sending the wheels around the three and taking out the surrounding enemies.

Wanda turned her head, her hair blowing onto her face. Diana and Natasha smirked at her, thoroughly impressed with her abilities.

Okoye twisted her spear around in her hand. "Why was she up there all this time?"

"Guys, we got a Vision situation," Sam informed over the comm before the sound of an alien snarling cut him off.

"Somebody get to Vision!" Steve screamed back, stabbing an alien in the face.

"I got 'em," Bruce replied, taking off into the air.

Wanda pressed her fingers to her ear, a worried look written over her face, "On my way." She turned, only to get punched across the face by Proxima Midnight.

She grunted, falling into a nearby trench. Proxima jumped down, landing over her. She roughly turned Wanda on her back, narrowing her black eyes. "He'll die alone, as will you."

"She's not alone."

Proxima turned to see Natasha, Okoye, and Diana all surrounding her, weapons raised.

She cried out, jumping on the wall of the trench before leaping at Natasha. Natasha raised her staff that was now in one piece, defending off several hits before Diana and Okoye rushed in, aiding her in the fight.

The two women ran around on the walls of the trench before standing on Natasha's side.

Proxima was able to fight off all three women skillfully, nearly dodging the last wheel that jumped overhead. She took advantage of them crouching, kicking Natasha down. Grabbing Okoye by the neck next, she threw her away.

Diana gritted her teeth, tightening her grip on her sword. Proxima glared at her, clashing her dagger against her weapons before lifting her leg and kicking Diana in her stomach.

Diana cried out as she landed roughly on the floor. Proxima bent down and used her staff to strangle Diana by holding it down on her throat.