023.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
023. ❛ web of anger.

SLOWLY PUNCHING HER CLAWS into the ship again, Diana slowly began to climb up the side of the ferry until her arm latched onto the metal railing, and some random lady helped her up.

The white webs holding the ship together began to snap, one by one and at a fist rate. The boat began to quicken its pace into the water as people started to scream.

Peter then jumped from where he was crouched, grabbed two strings of webs, and held onto them with all of his strength.

Diana's breath hitched in her throat as she heard metal rattling from the ship. Grabbing her diamond gun, she pointed it at the new person. People started cheering for Iron Man, and Diana slowly lowered her weapon, placing it back.

"Hey, guys. Band practice, was it?" Iron Man said as he appeared right in front of Diana's face. Soon enough, Iron Man, with the help of his technology, pushed the boat together and flew off.

"Yeah, Iron Man!" A man inside of the boat cheered as he clapped.

"Come on." Peter grabbed Diana's hand and pulled her towards where Tony flew off. "Uh, Mr. Stark." He ran after him. "Hey, Mr. Stark, could we do anything? What do you want us to do?"

"I think you've done enough." Responded Tony with an angered tone. He then flew away for good, leaving Diana with a frown and Peter with a disappointed face.

IRON MAN HAD FINALLY ARRIVED, his jets cutting through the thick silence between Peter and Diana. That and his sarcastic introduction, "Previously on, Peter screws the pooch." He hovered only a few feet away from where Diana sat next to Peter, "Guest-starring Miss Diana Black. I tell you to stay away from this; instead, you hack a multimillion-dollar suit so you could sneak around behind my back, doing the one thing I told you not to do."

Diana stayed silent and listened as Peter spoke up quietly, "Is everyone okay?"

"No thanks to you."

Diana watched as Peter's jaw clenched as he whipped around to glare at him, "No thanks to me?!" He repeated, grabbing his mask and jumping off the ledge he was sitting on, stalking towards Iron Man. "Those weapons were out there, and I tried to tell you about it, but you didn't listen! None of this would've happened if you had just listened to me!"

Peter took a deep breath, tangled in his own web of anger. He scoffed with a shake of his head, now face-to-face with the Iron Man suit, "If you even cared, you'd actually be here."

Right on cue, Tony emerged from his suit, sniffing once and keeping his enraged eyes on Peter.

"I did listen, kid. Who do you think called the FBI? Your pal, Miss Criminal, over there?" His angry eyes flickered to Diana before going back to Peter. "Do you know that I was the only one who believed in you? Everyone else said I was stupid to recruit a fourteen-year-old kid."

Peter stepped back, his eyes remaining on the man, now more intimidated that Tony was before him, "I'm fifteen."

"This is where you zip it, alright?! The adult is talking!" Stark snapped. "What if somebody had died today? That's a different story because that's on you. The both of you, not like it'd be anything new to Black." He stopped and breathed deeply. "And if one of you dies, I feel like that's on me." He finished.

"Hey! You do not get to come here and lecture us on what we tried to prevent because god knows you wouldn't do a damn thing if this situation were in your hands. And what did you think the FBI was gonna do against a guy using Chitauri weapons? Strike a bargain? Have a laugh? They wouldn't even get close to taking him down before they would be a pile of soup on the floor. At least Peter and I had the nerve to go at him, knowing damn well we might die." Diana stepped up to the man as her eyes flashed with an anger Peter had never seen, but what really got Diana pissed off was the way Peter winced in fear due to the man when he raised his voice.

"I think you've said enough. God, you know, sometimes I wish I would've let Vision hit you with his stone. You pretend to be all high and mighty when you're anything but that. Don't think I didn't do my research on you. I think you're just an arrogant stuck-up brat who doesn't know how to keep her emotions in check for one damn minute."

Diana's eyes hardened up as she got up right in Tony's face and fixed him with a cold glare, "You know what I think? I think you're an old man and fool who can't set aside his ego for a second." She scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Maybe that's why Pott's is always so irritated and annoyed with you."

At the mention of Pepper, Tony took a step closer to the blonde, "Don't ever bring up Pepper, or I will throw you in prison."

"Is that a threat?"

"Do you wanna find out?"

Peter stepped between the two and pushed them apart before a fight could break out, "Enough! Both of you! Diana take a moment to breathe and go home, I've got this."

Diana let out a sharp exhale and pushed her wet hair out of her face, and walked away, seeing nothing but red.

Tony inhaled deeply before turning back to Peter. He seemed to not even regret his words. "Do you understand?" he asked.

"Yes, I do, I completely understand. I just—" Peter stammered. "I just wanted to be like you."

"And I wanted you to be better," He pursed his lips, and Peter quickly averted his eyes. Tony let out a breath, "Okay, it's not working out. I'm gonna need the suit back."

Peter immediately looked up, eyes wide, "For how long?"

"Forever."

Peter started shaking my head and rambling out pleads and responses, "No, no, no, please, Sir."

"Hand it over," Tony held out his hand.

"No, Sir, please, you don't understand," Peter begged, blinking his eyes faster when he felt a sting. "This is all I have. I'm nothing without this suit."

He looked at him sternly. "If you're nothing without this suit, then you shouldn't have it. Okay?" He scoffed and looked away momentarily, "God, I sound like my dad."

Peter bit the inside of his cheek to stay calm and not lose his temper like Diana had. "I don't have any other clothes," He muttered.

"Okay, we'll sort that out."