033.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
033. ❛ a doughnut spaceship.

THE HOWLING OF THE wind intensified and they all slowly turned to the door. People came running by and the sound of screams rose up. An unsettling feeling settled in the bottom of Diana's stomach. Tony turned to her and pointed a stern finger, "Don't get yourself killed or I'll kill you myself."

Diana pursed her lips and rolled her eyes, "Touching."

Tony was the first to move; he ripped open the door. Outside, people were running all in the same direction, car horns were blaring loudly, and a strong wind blew through the air. They all moved outside and walked in the opposite direction of in which the crowd was running.

A few people bumped into Diana as she followed Tony down the street. A woman tripped and fell, but he was quick to help her back to her feet. He fished his glasses from his pocket and put them on. "FRIDAY, what am I looking at?" he asked his AI.

"Strange, you might want to leave that stone behind," Diana muttered. "I have a feeling nothing good is waiting for us around that corner."

He pounded his fists against each other, and two bright, yellow mandalas appeared. "Might wanna use it," he said.

Tony peered around the corner, and Diana moved to do the same, but he quickly pushed her back as a red billboard banner flew by. They turned the corner once it was clear. In the middle of the street, a giant, round spaceship hovered a few feet above the streets of New York.

"Fucking hell," Diana whispered as she stared up at the spaceship, "I'm gonna die."

As Tony conversed with his A.I., Strange started flailing his hands around until he sent a blast of orange energy toward the ship. It did absolutely nothing, which caused Diana to snicker his way.

A blue beam shot from the ship and sent two creatures to the ground. One was small and thin, the other tall and broad. The big one held a pickaxe or some sort in his hands.

"Hear me and rejoice," The smaller one started to speak. "For you are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos. Be thankful that your meaningless lives are about to be contributed to-"

"I'm sorry but Earth is closed today," Tony cut him off, folding his arms across his chest. "So you better pack it up and get outta here."

"Buy tickets next time and maybe we'll let you in." Diana smiled sarcastically at the alien. "I'm not a fan of tourists."

"Stonekeeper," The alien spoke to Strange, a disgusted look on his face. "Do these chattering animals speak for you?"

"Certainly not, I speak for myself." Strange answered. He slammed his fists together once again to make the glowing circles appear, but this time, it came with an actual sound. "You are trespassing in this city and on this planet." Wong followed Strange's example and summoned two mandalas as well.

"Means get lost, Squidward!" Tony called out.

The alien turned to his companion. "He exhausts me. Bring me the Stone," Diana heard him say.

"Banner, you want a piece?" Tony asked Bruce, staring at the alien coming their way.

"No, not really, but when do I ever get what I want?" Bruce muttered, and he prepared himself to bring the Hulk to the surface.

Tony nodded, "That's right."

The veins in his neck popped up, and his skin turned green, but the Hulk wasn't even close to appearing. The enormous alien started walking toward the group and slammed a car with his axe.

Wong turned to face the blonde girl, "Do you fight?"

Diana opened and closed her mouth for a bit trying to form words before she nodded. Wong gave a small smile and created an orange sword for the girl seeing as she didn't have her suit, "Then get ready."

Diana pursed her lips and accepted the sword mumbling under her breath, "A sword? A fucking sword? Why not a gun or knife? I can't fight with a sword."

Bruce was still struggling to turn into the Hulk, and as soon as he lost focus, the green disappeared. "Where's your guy?" Tony questioned, his stress levels rising.

"I don't know. We've sorta been having a thing lately." He muttered with a defeated sigh.

"We don't have time for a thing. That's a thing right there!" Tony called out, pointing at the alien that was approaching them too fast for Diana's liking.

He made a last attempt to turn into the Hulk, but this time, too, it did not work. Strange was glancing weirdly at Bruce as he made inhuman sounds. "Dude, you're embarrassing me in front of the wizards," Tony shut his eyes to try and save himself from the embarrassment.

"I can't... He won't..." Bruce sighed tiredly.

"Okay, that's fine. Can you keep an eye on him?" Tony asked Wong, and he nodded. Bruce stepped back and stood behind Wong, fixing his blazer.

"Totally off-topic but this would be a cool way to die. Imagine your tombstone saying 'death by a stupid alien with an axe." Diana chuckled humorlessly.

Tony then turned back to the aliens. The large one had started sprinting toward him. He pulled the two cords of his jacket, and it inflated. Tapping the Arc Reactor in his chest sent a wave of nanoparticles streamed over his body, covering his entire body in a red and gold suit. The famous Iron Man suit.

The giant alien had reached the group, and Tony used a shield that was also formed by nanoparticles to fend off the punch the alien was going to deliver. Then, four blasters appeared that floated in the air. Tony shot a bright blast at the alien to send him flying back toward Squidward.

With a flick of his wrist, he sent the giant alien in a different direction. "Shit! Telekinesis?!" Diana whisper yelled to Bruce in shock and worry. "Uh, is it too late to go home? I've got homework, man, and—"

"Shut up, Diana. Not the time." Tony shushed the girl and then made the flying blasters disappear.

Bruce and his excited state couldn't help but exclaim, "Where did that come from?!"

Tony turned to him. "It's nanotech, do you like it? I've been working—" He was sent flying upwards along with a stream of dirt. It was like a geyser exploded from the asphalt.

Diana had to actually cover her mouth to prevent a laugh from coming out.

"Doctor Banner, since the rest of your green friend won't be joining us today..." Strange opened a portal behind Bruce and pushed him through before it shut again. Wong created a shield against the debris that the alien was sending toward the three.

Diana ran at the larger alien and placed her foot on a car, and jumped on his shoulders, stabbing the sword in his left shoulder blade.

Getting ready to do it again with the other shoulder, but the smaller one threw her into the air. She landed in the middle of Central Park, her back harshly hitting the centerpiece of a fountain, landing into the cold water.

She coughed and held her arm, "Okay, that hurt."