037.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
037. ❛ space dogs.

"FOR YOU, MY LOVE," Diana whispers under her breath, brandishing her sword from her back.  She was terrified, yes, but if it meant she got to see Peter again, she didn't care what she had to do.

Proxima sliced her sword downward, and the creatures broke through the tree line, coming in by the thousands. Each creature looking more menacing than the next.

"What the hell?" Bucky muttered, eyes narrowing. Beside him, Diana frowned in disgust while Steve held a deadpanned expression.

Natasha looked back and forth with a shake of her head, "Looks like we pissed her off."

"You think so?" Diana chuckled and raised an eyebrow, her mischief-filled green eyes meeting Natasha's deadpan one.

Once the creatures collided with the barrier, they did everything they could to break through but failed to do so. One broke in but was sliced in half from the dome. It was such a gruesome sight.

Okoye's eyes slightly widened in horror at the sight,  "They're killing themselves."

Steve looked at Proxima, who smirked at him in the distance. Suddenly, a few space dogs broke through the barrier before charging at them. The Jabari tribe stuck out their blankets, forming a shield to protect them. The King's guard aimed their spears over the barrier. On T'Challa's call, they fired at the animals.

Sam flew past overhead, twirling around as one beast jumped at him. He fired a few bombs, killing a few animals, "You see the teeth on those things?!"

"All right, back up, Sam. Or you're gonna get your wings singed," Rhodey said, flying in and dropping grenades to wipe a group of them out.

"Cap," Bruce spoke up, following the dogs with his eyes, "If these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us, there's nothing between them and Vision."

"Then we better keep them in front of us," Steve said in a gruff tone.

"How do we do that?" Okoye asked.

TChalla looked at her. "We open the barrier." Pressing on his ear, activating his comm. "On my signal, open northwest section seventeen."

"Requesting confirmation, my King." Shuri replied, her tone skeptical and hesitant, "You said open the barrier?"

T'Challa nodded even if Shuri couldn't see, his eyes narrowing in on the enemy, "On my signal."

"This will be the end of Wakanda," M'Baku said, his face sullen with emotion as he looked across the field.

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history," Okoye said pridefully, puffing her chest.

Steve activated his shield, unsheathing a sharp spike. T'Challa gave an order, and the Jabari let down their blankets. T'Challa walked in front of everyone, Okoye following.

"Wakanda Forever!" T'Challa yelled, crossing his arms as he ran into the field. The two Tribes yelled back as they followed T'Challa into battle.

Once they were halfway in the field, T'Challa raised his wrist to his face, "Now!"

A small section of the barrier opened, and the animals channeled back towards the opening, flowing through. As T'Challa sprinted, Steve quickly caught up and jumped over a small pond, commencing the fight.