030.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
030. ❛ star crossed.

THREE WEEKS LATER.

It was finally Diana's first date with Peter, and she would be lying if she said that she wasn't nervous as hell. They had already kissed, and she was pretty sure he liked her as much as she liked him, but neither of them really knew where to go from there.

After finishing her makeup, Diana stood up from her vanity and checked her phone to see that she had an hour left until she had to be at Peter's place. She decided to wear a pastel blue, long-sleeved corset top with high-waisted, wide-legged white trousers. Once she had finished with her outfit, she decided to set her wavy blonde hair loose and complete the look with a small white purse.

She checked the timepiece on her wrist and waved down a taxi to take her to Peter's apartment. Arriving not long after, she spotted Peter standing on the side of the road in front of his apartment building, one hand in his pocket and the other holding his lit-up phone.

"Thank you." Diana paid the driver and stepped out of the yellow taxi with a smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Hey, Pretty Parker." After catching his attention, Diana approached the boy, "So, tell me, where are we going tonight?"

The city buzzed around them, a backdrop to their unfolding evening. Grabbing her hand softly, Peter held one finger to his lips with a cute smile and whispered, "Can't ruin the surprise now, can I?"

AFTER WALKING FOR A LITTLE while enjoying the sights New York had to offer, Peter and Diana had finally arrived at their spot.

Peter grabbed Diana's hand and led her through the street as they came across a clock tower. "A clock tower?" Diana raised an eyebrow and looked at the boy.

Diana hummed with a skeptical smile, "Not very romantic, wouldn't you say, Parker?"

"Just wait till we get to the top." Peter chuckled and continued to lead Diana up the tower. They scaled the abandoned flights of stairs, and soon, they were at the top of the tower, facing the city and all the tall buildings that came with it.

There, laid out in front of Diana, was a small picnic set up. Blankets, pillows, food, and lights were scattered around the room, and lastly, there was a telescope directed at an open window.

A smile spread across Diana's face like wildfire, "Did you do this?" She smiled, her heart fluttering just by looking at the boy.

Peter gave a sheepish nod, a shrug of his shoulders followed as he rolled on the balls of his feet; "Yeah, with the help of May. Do you like it?"

"You're adorable, you know that, Pretty Parker?" Diana chuckled with a grin and nodded, looking around the room, "Of course I love it."

Peter blushed and shook his head with a big smile, "Are you ever going to stop calling me that?"

Diana let out a breathless laugh and ruffled his curls up, her nose scrunching a bit when she smiled, "Nope, it's our little thing."

Peter bumped her shoulder lightly and helped her sit down before he played vinyl on the record player he had set up. The girl smiled and looked at the sunset, "So, is this what our first date is going to be like? Careful, you might set high expectations."

"I'll  keep up with those expectations just for you." Peter threw a little wink her way before motioning to the telescope, "There's supposed to be a shooting star tonight, so that's why I brought the telescope. And I know you take a liking to astronomy."

"What?" Diana furrowed her eyebrows, watching as Peter lowered himself to sit next to her. "How'd you know?"

"You spit out random astronomy facts when you're bored sometimes, and you draw the star constellations on your notebook damn near perfectly."

The world stood silent momentarily as the two just looked at each other. Diana then leaned in and gave Peter a kiss on the corner of his lips. When she pulled away, she laid her head in Peter's chest, and they began to watch the sunset.

They talked, ate, and laughed for hours, waiting for the shooting star to fly by. Darkness fell upon the sky, only a few areas being lit up. The night sky was clear, besides a few clouds covering up part of the moon. The buildings twinkled in the night. The entire thing was beautiful and breathtaking to Diana.

Never in a million years would Diana think she would be this happy. She always felt that something was missing, and now she thought she had finally found it. Fate was weird in that way, but Diana wouldn't change a thing so far in her life, only wishing for a lifetime supply of chocolate.

Soon enough, Peter began to point to the sky as Frank Valli's Can't Take My Eyes Off You started to play softly, "Make a wish, Ana."

The girl looked up at the sky, she watched the glittering star fly by. And in her head, she wished that she could stay like this forever with Peter. Unfortunately, forever was a fickle thing she will start to know all too well in just a year's time.

Peter's whiskey-colored eyes lingered on Diana, hopelessly mesmerized by her beauty, and whispering love confessions through his stares in hope that her heart would hear them. If he looked closely, subtle freckles danced across her cheeks and nose like constellations.

To say he's in love is an understatement. No words are worthy of describing how much he adores her. From the way her hair compliments her eyes to the way the sound of her name rolls off his tongue. Every moment spent with her lies hidden deep in his heart, stored in a place none other could reach. As long as the sun burns in the sky, the moon lights the night, and the sea's waters churn, he will promise to love her. For who she was, is, and will be. Forever and always.

As a light breeze flew in through the opened window, Diana shivered, pulling her knees up to her chest. Peter's arms wrapped around her shoulder, pulling her tight to his side. They sat in silence, letting the stars speak, occasionally sneaking peeks at each other, blushing each time they met eyes. His hand rested, palm side up, next to Diana's. She smiled, realizing what he wanted.

She intertwined her fingers with his, sending a wave of butterflies through his veins. Peter turned his head; brown eyes met blue. For a moment, the wind stopped fluttering; the earth stopped spinning, the stars stopped twinkling. At that moment, it was Peter and Diana.

Just Peter and Diana.

"Promise me something." Peter suddenly whispered, his breath tickling the tip of Diana's nose.

She nodded as he inhaled sharply, tracing circles on the back of her hand. "Promise me this is forever, Ana." His words rolled off his tongue slowly as if he was hesitant.

"I promise, Pete." She said as the corner of her mouth turned up into a smile.

His eyes widened slightly, "Forever?"

"Always, schatzi."