010.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
010. ❛ late-night rendezvous.

"HEY, DIANA?" Mj turned her head to the side to glance at her best friend, who laid on the opposite side of the couch they were on. It wasn't totally unnatural for Mj to be seen at Diana's loft; in fact, since Diana lived alone, Mj tried to spend whatever free time she had at Diana's to keep the girl company.

Diana's head turned to meet Mj's eyes, her tousled blonde locks evidence of her prolonged lounging. "What?" Diana replied, curiosity coloring her voice as she surveyed her friend.

"Could you swing by the Thai restaurant across the block to pick up some food? I'm starving. I could call it in, and all you would have to do is pick it up, please."

Diana rolled her eyes playfully, a mischievous glint in her eyes as she chuckled, nodding in agreement. With a swift motion, she got off the couch and grabbed her purple coat and wallet, "Sure, but you owe me chocolate."

Mj's face lit up with a smile, trailing after Diana as she shut the door behind her. "Thank you!" she exclaimed.

"I THOUGHT YOU LOVED LARB?" May Parker playfully asked, looking up from her plate at her nephew, Peter Parker. The cozy Thai restaurant was filled with the aroma of delicious food, creating a warm atmosphere for their conversation.

For the past twenty minutes, Peter had been absentmindedly pushing his food around his plate, lost in his thoughts. It had been a long night, and going home seemed like the best option for the weary boy until his best friend found out about his little late-night rendezvous.

"Is it too larby? Not larby enough!" May teased, pointing her chopsticks in Peter's direction. "How many times do I have to say 'larb' before you talk to me? You know I 'larb' you."

Peter managed a faint smile, appreciating his aunt's lightheartedness, and finally looked up from his contemplative state. "I'm just stressed about the internship, and I'm tired. It's a lot of work."

"The Stark Internship," May said, her voice tinged with reminiscence, recalling the day Tony Stark had unexpectedly entered their lives. "I have to tell you; I'm not a fan of that Tony Stark. He's got you distracted all the time and has you in your head."

Peter chuckled at May's perpetual concern, knowing her worries stemmed from a place of love. However, his attention was diverted by the TV screen hanging on the wall behind his aunt. The news was broadcasting camera footage of the recent encounter with the Black Cat, where he had tried to prevent an ATM robbery, which ultimately led to the explosion at Mr. Delmar's shop.

May followed his gaze and saw the news report as well. Concern etched onto her face, and she turned to Peter with a stern expression. "If you spot something like that, you turn around and run the other way," she firmly advised.

Peter stumbled over his words, feeling the weight of the responsibility he carried as the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. He nodded in agreement, his voice betraying a hint of nervousness. "Y-Yeah, yeah, of course."

As the restaurant's door chimed, signaling the arrival of a new customer, Peter's gaze instinctively shifted toward the entrance. He saw a girl walking in, her platinum blonde hair pulled back into a messy braid, black sweatpants hanging loosely on her hips, and a white cropped tank top fitting snugly against her chest. A long purple coat gracefully draped over her figure.