036.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
036. ❛ wakanda.

"WHEN YOU SAID WE WERE going to open Wakanda to the rest of the world, this is not what I imagined," Okoye said with disappointment as they approached the landing pad for their guests.

TChalla glanced at her, intrigued, "What did you imagine?"

Okoye shrugged, "The Olympics. Maybe even a Starbucks." When the jet landed, the hatch opened to reveal Steve, Natasha, Sam, Bruce, Diana, Rhodey, Vision, and Wanda.

Bruce looked at Rhodey as they approached the King, "Should we bow?"

"Yeah, he's a King." Rhodey nodded like it was apparent.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve greeted, sticking out his hand for T'Challa to shake.

Bruce cleared his throat, bending forward with his hands clasped. Rhodey shot Bruce a look, acting as if their short conversation hadn't happened. "What are you doing?"

Diana smiled from where she stood in between Steve and Natasha and rubbed her mouth in an attempt to keep herself from laughing but it was painfully obvious in her face.

T'Challa stuck out his hands. "We don't do that here."

As Steve and T'Challa led the way away, Bruce glared at Rhodey, receiving a playful bump to the shoulder.

"So, how big of an assault should we expect?" TChalla asked.

"Uh, sir? Sir?" Bruce shoved between Steve and Diana, not trying to be rude, but he was just anxious. "I think you should expect quite a big assault."

"How're we looking?" Natasha questioned, referring to defenses.

"You will have my Kings guard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." T'Challa started listing off who'd help them before his voice trailed off and nodded to someone at the side.

"A semi-stable one-hundred-year-old man." Bucky Barnes said, walking forward with a smile. He was dressed in a new royal blue amour and a new vibranium arm.

"How have you been, Buck?" Steve smiled, giving Bucky a tight hug.

"Not bad," Bucky smiled; under different circumstances, the reunion wouldn't be as bittersweet as it was. "For the end of the world."

Diana walked forward and patted his shoulder, looking up at the tall man, "Still looking handsome as ever, Brunette Ken."

Sam snorted at Bucky's confused face and followed Wanda and Vision to Shuri's lab.

"THE STRUCTURE IS POLYMORPHIC," Shuri stated as she examined Vision's stone's interior design and structure on a hologram.

"R-Right. We had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Bruce commented, standing on the other side of the table Vision was lying on.

Shuri smirked playfully, "Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?"

"Because we didn't think of it?" Bruce questioned, perking an eyebrow, trying to ignore every set of eyes that went towards him.