First Day

(Y/N)'s Perspective:

It was my first day at MHS and I was already going to be late.

Rushing, I threw on socks, not caring that one was white and the other was black.

Hustling downstairs I grabbed a toast as it popped out of the toaster. Kissing my mom goodbye.

"Love you, mama!" I shouted while grabbing my (color) backpack and running out before she had a chance to reply.

Camilo's Perspective:

I put on some yellow sweats accompanied with a black jacket. I grabbed orange-ish yellow socks and tried to walk out of my room.

"Hurry up, Camilo." An agitated voice shouted from downstairs. Mirabel. She was always waiting for me, saying I take "forever" even when I obviously don't.

"Comi.." I was cut off as my mom walked into the room.

"Camilo, your hair is a mess." She pulled me to the mirror and pulled it back with a rubber band.

"Mami-" she shook her finger 'No'. She pulled my hair back with a rubber band. "Keep it like this until you fix your hair tonight, and wash it 'Milo."

"Gracias." I admitted sarcastically, running downstairs and grabbing some breakfast arepas that Tia Julieta prepared.

"Gracias, adios!" I ran out as Mirabel pulled me out the door.

(Y/N)'s Perspective:

I walked into the large building. Students lined the halls. I looked down at a sheet of paper that held all my information. I sighed as I guessed where my locker was placed. Locker 257. Where in the world was that? I thought.

A group of people surrounded a boy wearing yellow sweats with his hair pulled back.

He released his hair from the rubber band allowing his curly coils of hair to fall on his face. He tossed the rubber band in the air. One of the people in the group grabbed it and flung it towards me. I turned and dodged it just in time, watching the circle of rubber fly past my face.

"Hey, new girl." A boy shouted with a obnoxious tone.

I rolled my eyes and walked the other direction, I was not about to deal with this. Not on my first day. A girl with shoulder length curls and bright green glasses walked up to my side.

"Ignore them, they're the popular kids." She laughed.

"And the one in the middle is my cousin." She rolled her eyes. "Don't get me wrong, he's one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet, and a mama's boy." She paused. "At home." I laughed, still confused on who she was.

"He's one of the most popular people here, and at school, he's not necessarily like that. Don't go near him." She warned.

I didn't mean to sound rude but I quickly questioned who I was talking with. "Who are you, again? Sorry, I'm (Y/N)." I held out a hand.

She quickly replied. "Oh sorry! I'm Mirabel. The Madrigal without a gift." I quickly remembered her. "Sorry, I just moved here a week ago and I don't really know anyone. I heard about the magical family in the magic house, but never knew who anyone was." She smiled.

"Where's your first class?" She asked as she grabbed my sheet of paper. Reading it and adjusting her glasses. Chemistry was my first class. "Ooo, I have that too!"

She dragged me along with her while we talked and walked to class.

Camilo's Perspective:

I leaned against the locker as I watched everyone talk.

"Camilo." I looked at Lorenzo. "That new girl is, wooo." He fanned his face and I rolled my eyes.

Ivan added, "yeah, even prettier than you, Catalina." He smirked as he looked over at the popular girl, her face filled with anger and shock.

I laughed. "Good one, Ivan."

"Camilo, why are you letting them talk to me like that?" Catalina questioned. Making a fake pouty face. "Because I don't care." I furrowed my brows at her.

"You know you do." She winked. "Whatever floats your boat, Cat."

Senora Ismerelda walked over to us, shooing us to our first class. "Stop loitering the halls, chicos. Get to class." She rolled her eyes.

I stepped foot into Math. Taking my normal seat with Catalina and her crew on my right and with Nicolas on my left. I turned to him and chatted. Catalina drawing hearts on my other arm. I didn't tell her to stop, because I did last week, the week before, and the week before that. She doesn't listen.

Senora Lucia scolded our way. "Catalina, stop drawing on Camilo and draw the answer on your paper. And Camilo, stop talking to Nicolas."

Ana, one of Catalina's minions, turned to Catalina and whispered, loud enough for me and Nicolas to hear. "You two would be so cute." Catalina nodded in agreement. I pulled my arm away and tried to wipe the ink off. When it failed, I put my jacket back on covering the hearts. We would not be cute, because she would not be getting a chance.

"Don't lie to her, Ana." Nicolas joked. I laughed. She glared at Nicolas making a humph sound.

(Y/N)'s Perspective:

I sat next to Mirabel in the middle of the class, sharing a lab table.

"We're doing a lab, I already can tell." She whispered. "Partners?" She looked at me hopefully.

"Of course." I replied with a smile.

As the teacher walked in she passed out papers. "Oooo, (Y/N) right?" She looked at me. "Introduce yourself, please?" Pointing to the front of the class.

I walked up reluctantly and stood. "Hi, my names (Y/N), I just moved here and my favorite class is math." I shrugged, clueless on what else to say.

"Thank, you." The teacher replied. I walked back to my desk next to Mirabel and read the paper describing the lab.

"Ooo, I've been waiting to do this one. Making chemicals." She moved her hands like a wizard. I chuckled.

"Well let's get started!" I smiled, throwing on some lab goggles.