Holding Grudges

(A/N) I know the story is a bit sucky right now since I have a huge writers block 😖

I sulked around for the remainder of the school day. Ignoring question upon question about the situation.

"Am I the bad guy?" I frowned and turned to Mirabel as I slammed my locker harder than I expected, gathering the looks of a lot of people. "Oh my gosh." I rubbed my face.

"Bad guy? For what?" She took a bite of a croissant she made in cooking class. "Oh." She responded with a full mouth and wide eyes. "No?" She questioned.

"I feel like I should believe him but a small smidge of me is saying, eh." I said.

"I couldn't believe it either, but I still don't think he could do something like that." She wiped her hands as she finished. "It's Camilo after all. Mama's boy and kid lover."

My mouth formed a straight line as I thought. "I'll go apologize." I suggested, turning to Mirabel who gave me a worried glance.

"It's early, from what I know he tends to hold grudges. It hasn't even been a day."

"Im his girlfriend, he has no choice but to forgive me." I flipped my hair sarcastically.

She laughed. "Hopefully. If you head there now I'll follow a bit behind. I need to ask Senora Penrose a few questions about the homework."

I nodded and hurried off.

...

A few moments later and I'm on my way to the Casita. Walking along the long dirt road and deciding on what to say.

"I'm sorry for not believing you."

"No."

"I'm sorry for not trusting you."

"Better."

"I'm sorry for not trusting you and being the person I should have, the person that you needed, being a good girlfriend-"

Not paying attention and watching the ground, I bumped into the door. I got here earlier than I thought.

I guess me hitting my head counted as a knock because Felix opened the door almost immediately.

He frowned.

"Pepa!" He yelled. I peeked behind him and noticed her standing over the banister.

"No!" She shouted. He slowly shut the door with a quick 'sorry'.

What the heck? I scratched my head.

"What am I supposed to do now?"

"You can sneak in the back." Mirabel said, approaching me.

I jumped and grabbed my chest. "Oh my gosh, you scared me."

"My bad." She laughed. "But hurry, dinners in a bit and if you want a chance to talk you gotta go now."

"Sneak in, how?" I asked.

"Like you did last time." She rolled her eyes sarcastically with a small laugh.

I didn't know anyone knew about that.

She saw my expression and basically read my mind. "You were kinda loud. You just got lucky that Abuela was asleep."

We stood staring at each other for a second.

"Hurry up and go." She pushed me and laughed.

... 

I made it up to his window with the help of Casita. I took a second and peeked through. Camilo laid on his bed resting his head in his hands.

"Not now, Antonio." He groaned as his brother opened the door.

He had his stuffed animal in his hands. He caught a glimpse of me and the frown from Camilo's reaction faded.

"Hi (Y/N)!" He grinned and rushed towards me.

"What..." Camilo furrowed his brows and sat up, looking towards the window.

"Are you watching me?" He said tensely.

"No, I just got here... I wanted to apologize."

"I don't wanna hear your apology." He rolled his eyes.

"But Camilo, you always tell me to forgive, especially when everyone at school makes me mad." Antonio interrrupted.

"Not this time."

"Why not?" I asked. "I was in the wrong and I'm asking you to forgive me. I wasn't the girlfriend I should have been. I should have trusted you." I pleaded.

"(Y/N), you hurt me."

"And I'm sorry, Camilo. I really am."

"I don't forgive you...right now." He paused before saying the last bit.

"Mirabel said you hold grudges, but why on me? What can I do to prove I'm sorry, I'll do anything, just please." I continued to beg.

"Please forgive her, Camilo." Antonio asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Antonio, not now. Get out." He pointed towards the door.

"And while you're at it, (Y/N), leave too." He got up and shut his window.

You stared at each other for a second, his jaw clenching.

"Fine." You grabbed your backpack off of the floor as you walked out. I felt like I was gonna cry.

You slammed the door shut but before you leave you decided to write a quick note.

Ripping a sheet of notebook paper you wrote:

Meet by the fountain if you want to talk later.

Leaving it outside his door on the floor as Antonio lead you out.

Time Skip and Camilo's Perspective:

I heard a call from Julieta signifying it was time for dinner. Still mad from early, I wiped my face trying to take the frown away.

As I opened the door I stepped on a ripped sheet of paper with (Y/N)'s familiar handwriting.

"Meet me by the..." I read aloud. Rolling my eyes I crumbled the paper and tossed it randomly in my room. I'll read it later if I actually forgive her. 

I walked downstairs for dinner, taking a deep breath and preparing myself for a talk that I don't even deserve.