Meeting The Madrigals

I got to art class as early as I could. Setting my things down at my easel.

"HEY VALERIA!" I heard Lorenzo call. Ugh, I forgot I still have classes with them. I just hope I don't fumble and say something embarrassing.

The art teacher didn't look up from her desk. "Lorenzo, I'm tired of this. We are not friends."

He walked over to the easel next to mine. "Keep thinking that." He looked over at me. "Why'd you leave so quick?" I tensed.

"No reason, I just wanted to get here early so I wasn't late." I managed to lie.

"I'll paint you a painting dedicated to the donkeys from your dream." He started gathering several bottles of paint and the supplies needed.

"Donkeys from my dream? I didn't dream about donkeys." He looked at me confused. "You just said..."

My eyes widened. I'm already ruining things. "Oh yes! I forgot. Pfft. Silly me."

"Yeah. Now hush so I can focus." He began making delicate strokes that turned into big blobs of sloppy donkeys on his canvas.

*Time Skip*

Everyone stopped by their lockers to grab their items and head home.

"This week felt like it lasted forever." Nicolas sulked against the locker.

"Luckily for me, I only had 3 days." I bragged. Smiling into the air.

I walked over to my locker which was a distance away from everyone else's. Mirabel walked up to me, shutting my locker as I grabbed the last book.

"So, (Y/N). I was wondering if you wanted to have a sleepover, or something." I paused. She took a deep breath for her next sentence.

"Since I'm the only non-magical Madrigal, I don't have much friends. Except for the candy lady, and my sisters, who I hope I can call friends."

I touched my hand to my heart. "That's so sweet, Mira. Of course I'll come."

"Great, I'll see you there!" She began to walk off.

"Wait! So I just go up to the magic house and knock on the door? Do I need to bring anything? I was confused. Did she really just want me to walk into the most respected place in the Encanto?

"Yeah, just bring a bag of things you need." She laughed. "And just go up to the door and Casita would probably open it for you." I nodded, this was gonna be cool.

*Time Skip*

I strutted into the house, proudly. A sleepover. I retraced the thought in my head. Especially the part where I'm one of Mirabel's first friends. It's an honor.

"Why are you so happy?" My mom laughed as I started to run upstairs. "Ohh I forgot to ask, but I got invited to a sleepover!"

She paused. "Oh, nice. Where is it?"

"The magic house on the hill. Mirabel invited me." She smiled. "That's sweet of her. Make sure you bring them a gift or something."

I nodded running upstairs getting ready to grab clothes. I packed a pair of socks, making sure that they matched.

I grabbed clothes and hurried out of the house. What would I get for a gift?

I kissed my mom goodbye as I opened the door. "Ugh, this backpack is heavy." I muttered to myself.

There was only one candy shop in the entire Encanto, and it was my favorite place to visit so far.

*Time Skip*