Slushy Machine

After school, I waited a bit to head over to the Casita.

Still in shock from all that went down.

*Time Skip*

"Casita, help me out?" I knocked at the bricks on the house. Suddenly, one by one they began to poke a little farther from the wall. Leaving a small staircase.

I chose to keep what I heard to myself, not dragging this on.

I reached his window and pushed it open slowly. Camilo laid in his bed and stared at the ceiling. He jumped when he heard the creak in the window.

"How'd you get in here?" He asked, still startled.

"Casita, but anyways, how are you?" I brushed his question off.

"Well, after a 30 minute lecture from Abuela and a 'good job' from dad, I'm doing pretty good." He shrugged and laid back down.

"What are you doing? I don't understand how looking at the ceiling is fun." I laughed.

"I was waiting on Dolores to get off work. She usually has something interesting to talk about."

"Wait, Dolores has a job?" I furrowed my brows in confusion. "I'd think the infamous Madrigals wouldn't need to work."

"We don't, but she only works there because..." he paused, thinking if he should say the next part. "Mariano."

Suddenly, loud footsteps hurried towards his door. Our eyes widened and I quickly hid under his bed.

"Camilo, you're grounded. Who are you talking to?" Pepa asked, putting her hands on her hips. All I could see was her shoes, and a couple loose raindrops wetting Camilo's floor.

"No one, mama." He quickly responded, I could hear him shifting the bed with slight anxiety.

Pepa's foot began to slowly tap. "Alright. But no guests!" She walked out, shutting the door behind her. I began to crawl out from under the bed, but the door flew back open. I hurried back under.

"Your tia says dinner will be a little late. Luisa had a breakdown." Camilo gave a thumbs up.

I crawled back from under the bed, hesitantly. Sighing as I sat down next to him. "Now where does she work?"

"The convenience store that Mariano owns."

"We should visit her!" I excitedly suggested.

"We? I'm basically shackled to this room." His mouth formed a straight line.

I pretended to take an imaginary key from my pocket and twisted it against his arm. Making a click sound, I raised my hands. "Unlocked."

He rolled his eyes and smiled. "If I get in trouble it's your fault."

"You won't." I chuckled, grabbing his arm and attempting to pull him to the window. He held his position on the bed.

"I love you, (Y/N)." He randomly said, looking up at me with a smile.

"I love you, too." I shook my head as I smiled. "Get up." Laughing I pulled him towards the window.

"Now how did you actually get in here?" He asked again.

I reached out the window and knocked on the side of the house, the bricks resurfaced and created the small stairs again. He nodded.

Before we walked out, Camilo's door opened.

"Can you bring me back one of those circle sweets?" Antonio asked.