Dodgeball

"Hey, (Y/N)! Ready for, Educación física?" She asked doing a little shimmy dance. Her glasses slightly falling down her face. She quickly adjusted them.

"Oh yes, P.E, my favorite." I rolled my eyes sarcastically. Mirabel giggled.

"Yeah, I hate it too. Especially on Wednesday's, which is today, because we play dodgeball. And I suck at dodgeball. Last time my glasses almost broke." She rambled as we began walking to the gym.

Opening the large, blue double doors I noticed that girls and boys were on separate sides of the gym.

Mirabel acknowledged my confusion and quickly stated, "We start separated for stretches, but then we play together. Mostly because their coach always leaves. Which is annoying because we have to play dodgeball every single time he does."

"Fun." I said plainly.

We walked over to the girls half of the gym. Most of them wearing shorts and sweatshirts, while some occasionally had skirts, like Mirabel. "Are we supposed to dress out?" I questioned. Most of the boys seemed to be in different athletic apparel. Mirabel shrugged.

"You can, but no one really does." She said while plopping onto worn wooden floor joining the circle of girls surrounding the female coach in the middle of us.

"So, chicas, today we are playing dodgeball." She said lifting her clipboard in the air. A group of ughhhh's filled the crowd. "I know you hate it, but it'll be fun! Besides don't you all love joining the boys?"

"No we don't." A short, blonde girl whined. The coach ignored her and looked back down at her clipboard. Catalina grinned and looked at me.

"I don't know about you guys, but dodgeball sounds so fun right now." Her crew nodded in agreement. What is she planning?

We began to line up for our stretches. "There's no way I'm playing dodgeball." I whispered to Mirabel as we began the cobra stretch.

*Mini Time Skip*

"I hate this already. I'm gonna get picked last." I told Mirabel as we stood in the line for teams. The team captains stood on opposite sides of the gym to choose their team.

Camilo's eyes locked with Ivan. "Ivan." He shouted. Ivan hustled over to his corner and they high fived. The other team captain, the short blonde girl, rolled her eyes. "I don't want to play this." She whined at the coach who shoo'd her to hurry and choose. They had to pick a girl and boy to lead the teams, she unfortunately got chosen.

"You." She pointed at a random freckled girl with glasses who shouted in excitement. "I AM NEVER PICKED FIRST! THANKS." She tried to hug her but the blonde quickly dodged it.

"You're welcome." She said coldly and crossed her arms.

Ivan whispered something to Camilo then he locked eyes with me grinning. "New girl." My eyes widened and I walked over to their half.

"Cami, why would you choose her over me." Pink bow girl pouted.

"Catalina, we discussed this. I don't like you." She huffed. The coach heard their conversation looking up from her clipboard. "Camilo, be nice."

The blonde girl pointed at Catalina who then whined. "Noooo, why would you choose me?!" "So you can get new girl out? I'm doing you a favor." Her frown disappeared and it was replaced with a small grin. "Thank you..." She skipped out to her side, an evil grin was directed at me.

"Who next?" Camilo asked us while we surveyed the group of remaining bc teammates. "MIRABEL!" I yelled as she looked at us.

Camilo put his hand on his forehead. "Really?" I nodded. "Come on, prima." He sighed. She happily trotted over where we started talking.