Mr. Mannequin

I sat down at the huge table that had enough chairs to comfortably fit all of the Madrigals. I took the food that Julieta offered me, taking a bite.

Almost instantly, any pain I felt from the fall disappeared into thin air.

"Wow." I blinked in bewilderment. "You just erased all of my pain with an arepa con queso." I rubbed the part of my forehead where the pain previously hurt the most.

"It's what I do best." Julieta humbly smiled.

"So how did you and Mirabel meet?" Agustin asked, taking a bite into his food.

"We actually..." I was interrupted as Alma shouted.

"ANTONIO! Why are these animals trying to crawl onto my chair?" She stood. A lemur, raccoon, and koala leaped into her chair.

"They are keeping it warm." He innocently replied. She brushed them off of her seat, quickly looking up as a cloud grew above Pepa's head.

"Pepa, you have a cloud." Felix sighed as he took a sip of juice. "I know, Felix! But a parrot just took a bite of my rice."

"Alright, Antonio. No animals at the table." Alma finally concluded.

"Can I keep Koda, at least?" He resorted to puppy eyes as he held the lion cub close to his chest. Alma rolled her eyes and sighed, "Yes."

"Is it always this interesting at dinner?" I asked Mirabel. She nodded. "Yep. I'm just surprised Camilo hasn't shifted to 17 different people, Dolores hasn't spilled someone's secret, and Luisa hasn't told us about all the donkeys she carried today."

"It was 17." Luisa added.

"Speaking of that, Mirabel..." Dolores started. "I heard that Roberta and Cynthia are engaged now!" Everyone ooo'd.

"Congrats to them. They dated for so long I knew it would happen any time soon." Isabela laughed.

"That reminds me, any news on Mariano, Dolores?" Alma excitedly asked.

"He plans to propose soon, and he wants five babies." Nervous flowers appeared on Isabela's head. Camilo shifted to a buff man with dark hair and a thin beard, blowing kisses at Isabela.

"You're so annoying, Camilo." She rolled her eyes while throwing petals in his face.

"Who's Mariano?" I asked and everyone laughed.

"The perfect man who will marry my perfect sister." Mirabel said sarcastically.

"You don't know anyone, I'm assuming." Luisa noted sympathetically.

"I can help." Antonio started while he began listing off random names from the town trying to help me learn.

*Time Skip*

After dinner I briefly helped Julieta clean the kitchen and put up dishes. I started to shut the shutters on the dining room's windows but suddenly the house did it on its own. "Thanks magic house." Several wall tiles popped in and out in a gesture that I guess meant 'you're welcome'.

"Thank you for the help, (Y/N)." Julieta gave me a quick hug. "Have fun!" She waved me off.

I walked towards the area where the main stairs used to be. "Um, Julieta? Where did the stairs go?"  She laughed. "They're coming!"

Suddenly wooden planks rose from the floor creating a elegant curved staircase. "Oh. Im guessing this is normal here." I mumbled to myself while I hesitantly climbed the stairs back to Mirabel's room.

I opened the door to her room and she had my bag organized on the opposite bed. "Sorry your bed is a bit plain, I never use it so it's just white sheets, white pillow, white..." I plopped onto the bed while she continued to ramble.

"It's great." I laughed it off. The bed was awfully comfortable and I couldn't wait to fall asleep in it.

"Do you have anything planned?" I hopefully sat up. Mirabel gave a satisfied smirk. "I'm glad you asked." She pulled out a makeup bag. "Isabela let me borrow this."

She began taking out different brushes and pallets. "I got Dolores to agree to be our first test subject, but our second hasn't responded."

Dolores bursted through the door. "I'm ready." She smiled and sat down at Mirabel's desk ready for her makeover. "Where's Camilo?" Dolores asked while adjusting herself in her seat.

Suddenly a groaning boy opened the door. "Now what do you guys want?" He said plainly. "Apparently you have an appointment." I smiled, motioning to the second desk in the room that was previously owned by Antonio.

He noticed all the products scattered on the desk.  "No way. Mirabel told me we were playing a game." He started walking towards the door but I quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him into the chair. "You'll look great, and it won't last long."

He glared at Mirabel. "You do my chores for 3 days. No, a week." His brows furrowed. "Fine." Mirabel agreed.

Camilo's Perspective:

(Y/N) loosely pulled my hair into a bun using a spare hair tie from her wrist.

"You're gonna love this." She says positively.

"I'm gonna hate this." I sigh and look up at her as she examines my face.

"How's it goin'?" Mirabel smiles. Dolores makes a satisfied 'hm' as she looks at the incomplete eye look Mirabel created.

"Pretty good." (Y/N) narrowed her eyes as she thought. Pulling out a thin brush and dipping it in some sort of pigment. She grabbed my jaw to hold my head in place.

The gentle movements of the brush were almost calming.

As she got deeper into the look I began to relax my eyes and fall asleep in the chair.

*Mini Time Skip and (Y/N)'s Perspective*

I nodded, proud of the look I created. I walked over to Mirabel who handed Dolores a small mirror so that she could look at what Mirabel created.

"It looks great, Mira! I love it." Dolores did her common 'hm' and stood to go show Pepa.

We walked over to Camilo giggling.

"Camilo wake up." Mirabel laughed while nudging his arm.

He blinked open and his eyes almost looked as big as Dolores' with the mascara. "You did good." Mirabel applauded me and gave me a high-five.

"Do you wanna see, Camilo?" Mirabel laughed at her annoyed cousin.

"No. I don't." He stood up getting ready to leave.

"It looks good though! You were the perfect mannequin." Mirabel complimented my work.

I handed him the mirror. "Just look." He quickly looked and his eyes widened. He dropped the mirror and ran out. "Mira, this is 2 weeks worth of chores." We started laughing.

He quickly came back in. "And we don't talk about this to anyone."

"Not even Nicolas?" I teased. "No, definitely not with Nicolas." He yelled back as he walked out.