A Good Reunion? (Vol 3)

Mercury and Emerald were spotted at an abandoned building in Beacon. They had finished descending down some stairwell steps and found themselves in an open area.

Mercury: (taking a glance around) Okay, why are we here?

Emerald surveys the surroundings before ultimately agreeing with her obnoxious spouse.

Emerald: We're on track with our plan, but we can't proceed without proper evidence as to where the rest of the fall maiden is.

??? :  Amber's remaining powers are housed in a large vault deep under Beacon Academy.

The two intruders all jumped at the startling call, slowly turning around to find the mask guy laying his back against the wall, arms crossed.

Mercury: its underneath us?

The man nods.

???: Amber was left in a vegetative condition as a result of your attack, only kept alive by cutting-edge medical technology and a split of her abilities. Because they were terrified that her abilities may attempt to rejoin with its other half if she were to die. Ozpin and others devised a machine to operate as a life support system as well as a device to transfer her aura to a successor.

Emerald and Mercury were left speechless; they knew what they did would cause panic amongst the higher ups, and they knew the technology existed to do so, but to go so far as to start bringing in random people to fill the role of successor means that the search for powers has just become more difficult.

Emerald: Though it's difficult to grasp, I'm not surprised. We've gotten this far because of you, but does Cinder know about it?

???: No, she has suddenly refused to listen to anything I have to say.

Mercury: so why tell us?

???: since you're her pets, and if you build your strategy on what I'm going to say, you'll get exactly what you want.

The two invaders exchange glances, attempting to decide if it's best to listen to this guy if Cinder doesn't, but as previously said, they're there because of him, so it'd be foolish not to at least hear him out.

Emerald: Okay, we'll bite.

???: that's good, since the next successor will be-

Olivia pov

Olivia: is that him?

I walk back and forth by the side of my school, hoping that an approaching airship was transporting my elder brother. I took out my scroll to see when he had last contacted me, which was 20 minutes ago when he had just boarded the ship, so he should be here by now. My heart was beating, and I was puzzled as to why I felt so nervous. I haven't seen him in three weeks, but this reminds me of when I'll be waiting for him to return home after a lengthy mission. Perhaps it's due to his presence at my school and the knowledge that he'll probably definitely return to see me compete. It's like having your idol or hero, someone you look up to, come in and witness how you behave yourself.

Y/n: pardon me, Ms.Imeya. It appears like I am lost.

Olivia: huh?

Hearing that voice behind me jolted me out of my reverie. When I turned around, I was surprised to see my brother standing behind me, his heart warming smile on his face.

Y/n: How are things going, sis?

Olivia: Y/n!!!

I snatched him into a crushing hug just as he was about to open his lips to speak, taking him completely by surprise. He quickly smiled before returning the hug.