ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪ- ꜱᴛᴀʀᴋ

Who knew I would live off stolen food and water? And sometimes the occasional champagne. Last time I almost got caught by a fat cop, no kidding when I tell you that I beat him to the door... which was three feet away from him.

Surprisingly, I haven't killed anyone just yet. Okay. No, that's a lie, but he was a worthless piece of shit who tried to drag me in an alley and get in my pants. Let's just say that he ended up in the garbage, and figuring that he was dead or at least dying, I took his wallet. Walter Arthur Wilson apparently had three kids, if it was even his wallet.

The first few days went on smoothly enough; a teeny bit of bumping casually into people and pickpocketing some of their goodies, sleeping on rooftops or fire escapes, I stole an expensive looking bottle of wine- and let me tell you, that shit was awesome, put me to sleep like a baby within five sips.

But then, out of nowhere, when I wake up the first thing I see is a photo shot of me on the television of the resident on the opposite side of the road. I panicked - no, I freaked out. That shouldn't be there, shit. 

Just when I thought I'd never come down of that roof top I hear a thump from behind me, and in one swift movement I take out my pistol from its holster around my thigh and aim it at the darkness. The roof top didn't have many hiding places for a person, the only thing it might have had was a room leading to the floor underneath the roof. Setting my target I slowly approach the back the closest wall and inching near the corner I take a breath, turn on my heals and point the gun at.... at..... what the hell is that??

Its- it was like there was someone in red and blue spandex but it had a black outline around its white eyes, which widened in alarm when they saw me. The spandex jerked it's arms and something white and sticky (a.n - not a single comment on that) substance shot from it's palms onto my gun and face, leaving me almost blind.

I tried to pull the trigger but my finger was stuck to whatever came out of it's palms. Suddenly something wrapped around my torso, and in one split second I felt like someone was dragging me through the air. Unable to move my arms I let out a very load groan which got the spandex's attention, "Woah, there, don't move too much, these webs are not indestructible yet," Why did it sound like a twelve year old's voice?? A twelve year old male in red and blue spandex with sticky stuff coming out of his hands is swinging me from building to building?? What the hell is New York? What is going on? Should I have stayed at Hydra? This world is crazy.

After a few minutes of struggling, practically ignoring the boy's grumbling to stop, he starts talking to himself... or so I thought... "Uhh- Yeah! We're on our way, actually... No sir. I don't know Mr- wait, hey! What are you doing?!" That was the last thing I heard him say before my fingers found one of the blades hidden all over my body and snapped the substance from my body until I felt like I'm falling.

For a lasting second, I felt at peace; the wind blowing my short hair in my face and the sound of the city below me of people talking and laughing. And I haven't heard that in four long years, I have no idea what I enjoyed more. 

Oh yeah! Now I remember!

Being my assassin self.

At once I ripped the substance from my face took another one of one knives and plunged them into the building closest to me, denting the surface until my toes touched the ground. I retrieved my blades from the wall and looked up to see the line marks I made, two lines digging from the middle of the building till the bottom. It was like I marked it mine, like Hydra did to me.

Shaking off the memories, no, I'm free now, I thought, but it felt like I was lying to myself. 

A juvenile voice echoed through my ears from behind me, "Mr. Stark! She's right here!" Stark? No... it can't be, can it? The avengers are after me now? Great- just, great!

In the middle of the fight with myself I turned my head to a weird sound not far away from me. Shit. It was really him.

The New York lights reflected on the red and gold of the metal, the light of the blue thingy on his chest matching his rectangular eyes. His mask lifted to the face that no one has ever seen only once, brown hazel eyes, thick eyebrows and a goatee beard. Hell if I hated that style of beard...

"Stand down, Killer Woman," Tony said, face mask still up, "Just so you know I don't really take no for an answer. And you're gonna have to pay for that." He gestured to the masterpiece I made on the- tower? I looked up to see a huge sign saying 'STARK'.

I scoffed and shot him one of my signature smirks, "So I've heard... That's not how you talk to a lady... Stark," I sneered at him, "Oh, and, just so you know, I don't really back down from a fight. So if you're not willing to say no, I suggest you walk away."

"And seeing as you know me so well, then, do you think I'll do that?"

"No," I said while getting into a fighting position, "I was testing the waters, see if I can get you to step in the ring first."

He chuckled, "Well, unfortunately, the team and I talked this through, and someone in a star spangled costume decided that 'she's just a kid', " Stark said, "And then, your past was discovered and his buddy chimed in saying he could help in that department."

I scrunched my eyebrows and scoffed again, "Help? I don't need help, I need freedom. Which I already have if you haven't noticed. I ran away from Hydra."

"Yes, you did. But you know, thing is that you were so easy to find. So if you think that roaming these streets without our protection-"

"Protection? " I spat, my fingers brushing something hanging in my waist, "Please, I survived Hydra for four years I think I can handle New York."

"Oh it's not about New York. It is about Hydra-"

"No. It's not. I don't care. All you wanna do is toss me in a cell and let me rot for all the things I've done for them."

"Yeah, that's just the thing, we don't know what Hydra made you do, and we want to know to see if we can trust you."

And that was my cue to leave, "Yeah... trust... I'm not even sorry for what I'm about to do."

I pushed the button and threw the smoke bomb up in the air and once I heard that faint beeping sound turn into a long beep and exploded I sprinted out of there.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅• 

How is everyone finding it so far? If you're a little confused, it's fine, everything will be more clear in next couple chapters!

~Mar💜