ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪ - ᴀ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʜᴀʟᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜱɢᴜɪꜱᴇ

Nothing could've ever prepared me for this, even if I knew it was going to happen one way or another, I would have kicked it aside and went on with my life... a problem for another day.

But if you think about it... every time something bad happens to you... it feels like the whole world is breathing down your neck, watching you and waiting for your next move. When in reality, no one is... no one cares about you and what you do. Although, somehow, even with this reasoning in mind, I still feel as though the world and universe froze time just to look back at me and see me suffering in front of this... inhuman, selfish, rich and a bastard of a man they call Baron Strucker. 

I should know... I saw what he'd done before he had found me, manipulated me and made me believe he was a savior that will help the world become a better fucking place. Little did my naive, young, jovial self know that he's such a manipulative fuck and that he will live to make my world such a living hell. 

But how would I have ever knew? How would have anyone anticipated that the one saving your life would be the one that wrecks it into bits just for you to be his soldier? Evidently not me.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅• 

Panic bloomed in my chest when the first thread of light emerged from the opening door. It was like even the air in the room was against me as it thickened and made it harder for me to breathe. A chorus of heavy steps accompanied by eight heavily armed soldiers clad in black military-like clothes and tinted helmets marched into the tight room in formation. They formed a tight rectangle, like they were trying to protect or hide something from me. 

After about half a minute in thick, awkward silence, the three soldiers in the front and the two on the side stepped aside and formed a line, revealing the one person (who barely is a person) who manages to make my heart sink, and with the look on his face, he's looking forward to making it stop.

Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, Hydra's number one thug. Even though the lens on his eye was reflecting the dim light, I could still see those blue electric eyes that has haunted me. I had never seen such pretty eyes on such a soul-absent person. They bother bored into mine as a small smile sat cruelly on his lips, teasing me.

"It's nice to see you again, Killerfrau, it has been a long time, hasn't it?" He said, his voice unmasking hidden and unwanted memories. Killer Woman (German)

"Not long enough, schwein," I snarled back, keeping my fear at bay. Pig 

He looked down at his feet and chuckled, his bright blond hair shining in the light. "Still have that snappy attitude, I see," he starts, "You never used it on me, only on the other soldaten whom you thought were under you, may I add." Soldiers

"Yeah well, it was about time. And I thought that because you told me that, asshat, little did I know I would end up like them in about a year's time. Did you really think you would fool me for that long? Did you not think the screams I heard everyday haunted me, kept me up, wondering if that was going to be me? I saw the people you took in that room, you know, and the all looked a little bit older than me, if not my age..."

"Ah, so that's what piqued your interest to sneak off to my office while I wasn't there," He put together while linking both his hands behind him.

"Fascinating discovery, Einstein," I rolled my eyes, did it really take him this long to realize that? Or is he doing this just for show?

Suddenly, his smirk turned into a frown and his eyes seemed to redden with the cruelty that was hidden behind them, "You know I'm a busy man, verrater," He started, "So I'm going to make this fast and say it once," His voice started rising as he stepped forward and placed his leather-clad hands on both of the armrests on the chair, now, with his face close to mine, I could almost see the cold colours bubbling in his soulless eyes, "What did you tell the zirkusfreaks?" Traitor, circus freaks. 

From behind him, a sound of a blade sheathing ricocheted on the wall, Strucker turned around just in time to see one of the soldiers collapsing from the knife the other soldier on the far left that found two other victims and sliced and plunged until the Baron decided to join, nut before he took a step, a bullet from the silenced gun the soldier revealed, swift through the air, into my captor's face as his head bounced backwards from the hit, lost his balance and landed on the floor face up. 

I looked into his wide bloodshot eyes as the oceanic colour faded away from them and a puddle of dark red leaked under his head, seemingly forming a halo shape around his head. Which is ironic really, because less than a year ago I did see him as a saint, but that hot red liquid that poured out of him and unleashing a sense of relief inside of me said otherwise.

I looked up, and the soldier pushed the helmet off of his- her head?

"God, it's suffocating in there." She breathed.

A couple beats of silence passed, "I'm sorry, I don't know who the fuck you are... but ma'am, may I just say, you're a sight for sore eyes," I told her.

"Agent Maria Hill, pleasure to meet you," she greeted me, "I've heard a lot about you."

"Pleasure to meet you too," I smiled at her. Let's hope... "Now... what are you here for? Save me, kill me or torture me?"

"Neither," she said, "I'm kidnapping you."

"Oh, fun."

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅• 

You must hate me so much 😭😭