ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪɪ- ɪ'ᴍᴀ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ

I didn't even go back to that rooftop, I didn't want to. I just ran away. And seeing as the Avengers knew what I looked like I'm going to need a whole makeover. And thank whoever reminded me to stash cash in my pocket, or I would've had to steal some.

First I ran to a clothing store and picked out something random; A thick dark green hoodie which came down to my kneecaps and black pants with a lot of pockets. As soon as that was down I ducked out of the store from the back and changed into my new clothes, still wearing my protective gear that I had with Hydra's uniform. I strapped one of my blades on my lower back, two under both of my wrists and two in the back of my boots. Then both of my pistols around the waistline of the pants. All set up, I pulled the hood over my head and walked out of the alleyway, it's either I have a soft spot for alleys or they have one for me.

I found myself walking my way to a hotel. I looked up at it, I really needed some sleep, but the one thing Hydra has trained me to think is that the Avengers have a lot of friends and contacts who can lead them straight to me, including an AI. So I can't risk just strut up to the counter telling the secretary I wanted a room in my name. Simple, I won't do it in my name... right?

That's what I did. 

"Name, please?" The blonde secretary asked, almost in a bored tone.

"Rebecca Miller," I lied.

"You're name isn't booked?" She looked up at me and I shook my head, "How many nights will you be staying?"

Knowing that I'm on the run, I suppose I have to switch hotels every once in a while, huh? "Two," I told her.

"Phone number?"

She gave me a key to a room on the second floor after I invented a random string of numbers and asked if I had any luggage. "No." And with that I turned away and sauntered to the elevator, quickly pressing the second floor.

I turned my face away from the camera in the top corner of the elevator and hurried out when the doors started sliding. I should really start paying attention to all these darn cameras. I bet Stark has access to all of them.

Locking the door as soon as I stepped in actually kind of helped to calm my nerves a little. But when I turned around to that heaven of a bed... goddamn I have never in my life had another good sleep as I did.

**********************************************************

I wake up to the sound of honking, I was always a light sleeper, looking to the clock I find that it is already nine in the morning. Damn. I really needed that sleep, didn't I?

Seeing as there was absolutely nothing in the fridge, I decided that with the last few dollars I got, I can afford to buy myself lunch. So that... I did...

But the thing is that as soon as I stepped foot out of the building I come face to face with a man carrying a bow and arrow, which from experience was Hawkeye and another thing is... he didn't really see me, so I took that to my advantage and slipped away unseen from behind him and as I was doing so he glanced at me and mumbled something in his earpiece. Welp, I am not going back to that hotel.

**********************************************************

As I was gliding through the crowd, from the corners of my eyes I caught glimpses of three of the avengers; the red haired woman everyone at Hydra called Romanoff, I once fought her about a year ago, The Spandex in a black Spandex to not draw attention, rolled my eyes when I saw him, and last but definitely not least, America's wonder boy: Captain America. Everyone at Hydra talked about him, how he killed our leader and survived after seventy years in the ice, even bet that I'd fight him and kill him because of the things they told me that he had done to our-... their people.

But I'm not them anymore; before there were two sides you could be on- the good one or the bad one, now there's three... they had taught me that we were the good ones, when that wasn't true. They had saved me, gave me a home and respected me but... they'd lie to me. And because I respected them back, believed all their lies and done all they wanted me to do... now  am the one who has to pay the price. I don't want to run from the Avengers because I know I can't run forever, I don't want to have to do anything with them, but that is not for me to decide.

Do the Avengers know that Hydra lied to me? And if they do, will I still suffer the consequences?

You see, I might be curious, but I am not curious enough to risk my freedom. And I know if they throw me in a cell I can and I will escape, but I'd never be free from them, I know they'll keep digging for me. But on the other hand, if I let my case cool down until I'm either listed as dead or missing, then I wouldn't be a hundred percent free from them but as long as I don't set foot in New York, I think I may be fine.

And so, a plan forms...

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅• 

I totally didn't just get the last line from knives out