ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪɪ - Qᴜᴇᴇɴ ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇꜱ

"Oh, look who came crawling back," Stark said as soon as I sauntered into the compound living room, still in the handcuffs Maria Hill put me in for 'safety measures', "Little Miss I Need No One But I Got Kidnapped And Almost Killed."

I rolled my eyes, nothing bur a warm welcome from the genius himself, "Speak for yourself, Stark, you're the one who got kidnapped first, right after being ambushed by your own weapons, might I add."

"You got kidnapped by your own 'family', darling-"

"At least I had one, dArliNg-"

"That's enough," Rodger's stern voice interrupted, "Stark, we discussed this," he says to him, then turns back to me, "Y/n, you and Bucky need to have a talk... a real one, he has some things to say to you."

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅• 

I'm seated in the same room they put me in when they found me first with my hands behind my back, and that same stuck feeling floods in again. The door behind me opens gently as if the sound of it is going to scare me off, I stay still and stare at the table in front of me.

The door closes again and Winter's footsteps shuffle until he reaches his seat and sits in it, I can feel his eyes on me, scanning my face, but my sight stays on the table as I relief my face of any emotions. 

"After I escaped Hydra, Steve found me, even though I didn't want him to. I was still getting back my memories and I needed time, but he resisted and took me to Wakanda, after a lot of other complications," I could hear a little humor in his voice, like he was reminiscing distant memories, "and then, they healed me, the Wakandans. Steve had saved me and I was a free man."

A beat of silence passed between us... I was furious.

With a fire in my eyes, I lifted them to his, keeping my head low, "So, while I was in there, " I said, my voice low and menacing, "not knowing the hell they would unleash on me... you were healing and living the life of being free with the knowledge of what they would do to me next?"

He leaned forward, "Hydra had fallen, and I thought you did too-"

"Well, clearly not, asshole," I snapped, my face scrunching in anger, "And because you weren't there, they were planning on doing the same things they did to you to me but 'with more efficiency', " My arms stretch behind from how I'm leaning forward to spit my venom-laced words directly to his face and see them poison his eyes, "Do you know what was on the list under that? The same things that were on your files but doubled, tripled and then tripled again 'for increased obedience, stamina, healing, psychological numbness and aim and a decreased chance of memory flood," I cite the words burned in my brain from the day I found out their betrayal, "Then, after I escaped, you freaks had to come and capture me again."

"We are trying to help you, just like Steve helped me to be a free man-"

"I am free!" I yell into his face, "All of this is pointless, and the more you try to 'help' me the more I won't let you because I don't want you to. " By the end of the sentence I'm panting due to yelling and the emotions that clog my throat.

"Y/n, " He calmly says, his blue eyes boring into my soul, "I need you to listen to me. You are not free, you're far from it, they're still hunting you, if anything, you are less of a free woman then you were when you were still there. You are in danger and we are trying to help you because I was once in your place, we know you deserve the second chance and we are trying to give it to you. Why aren't you letting us?"

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅• 

*Avengers' POV*

Bucky shuts the door behind him, his eyes raking over us.

"How'd it go, Buck?" Nat asks from her seat on the stool near the mini bar were Tony leans on his elbows with a glass of alcohol in his hand. Steve and Clint lean against a wall, seeming to have stopped having a conversation and Bruce sitting next to Thor a few seats away from Nat, appearing to have been in a conversation as well.

"Not as good as I wanted it to go... but not as bad." He answered thoughtfully.

"That's good, " Steve nodded, "What else did she say?"

"She told me about all the things they had planned to do to her," Fury filled his eyes, "Steve, it was worse than we thought it would be..."

"Worse than what they did to you?" Bruce asks

"Yes. And when I explained to her, why we wanted to help her, she... didn't do anything."

"What do you mean 'didn't do anything'?" Asked Stark, genuinely curious.

"She just stared at me, like she was debating whether to trust me or not. I think she was still trying to process the whole 'I thought you died with them' thing..." He explains to them.

"I don't think that's it, really," Bruce says, while deep in thought, "I think... she may or may not have trouble accepting the fact that we're actually trying to help her or that we don't want anything in return. It's what she most probably suffers from considering her past..."

"Suffers?" Tony scoffs, "Oh god... please don't tell me we have a troubled teenager on our hands... She is the most troubled of teenagers..."

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•