ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪɪ- ᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴏᴜꜱ, ᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴏᴜꜱ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

Winter led me through the hallways of the tower after lending me a way to big for me hoodie for disguise but stopped abruptly and turned to look at me, "Do you trust me?" He said with both hands on my shoulders.

I blinked at him, "Hell no," I said without thinking.

"Good to know," Without giving me a chance to even think about a reply tugged at my arm and started running toward the end of the hallway while also practically dragging me with him.

"What do you me-"

He took out a gun and fired at the window about twenty feet away from us, cracking it.

"So you're stealing my style now?" I yelled.

"I taught you it in the first place!" He yelled back, "Duck your head!"

He grabbed me by my waist and threw himself with my body still close to his out of the window. Shards and diamonds floated around us for what felt like a minute, then in a split second, we started falling towards the next building. Still tugging at my arm, we land on our arms and roll as if in sync. We both pause and our eyes meet and for a second it feels like we were communicating with our eyes, like an understanding was made, and so we got up and started running towards a fire exit.

He went down first to lead me, but I saw this as an opportunity. Winter climbed through the first open window, and expecting me to be right behind him, he turned towards me but I shut the window in his face. Smirking and cocking an eyebrow, I tilted my head and wiggled my fingers in goodbye.

"No!" He yelled and as he reached again for the window, I took my chance. I lightly placed my hands on the ladder of the fire exit and my clothed knees and started sliding easily down the ladder. Looking down, I only had a few floors left, and looking back up, Winter was taking a short cut by jumping off balconies, "Shit!" He cursed, "I need a little help here, Wilson! She's running away again! Down Smith's apartments!"

Just when I was approaching the last floor, the ladder had been somehow cut short. Figuring it got somehow jammed, I jumped off of it and started running to the busy streets of Manhattan. I ran along the pavement, crowded with people minding their own business as I glided through them. Turning my head back I didn't see anyone wearing and assassin suit or a pair of wings, so ditched the hoodie, in case of any trackers on it and slammed my elbow into a random car window. Unlocking the vehicle and getting in I started to hot wire it.

Catching a glimpse of the pair that I'm running from in the rear-view mirror, I panic and my palms get sweaty. So much for being an assassin. I tried to remain as calm as possible and a few precious seconds later, the car roared to life.

Trying not to look suspicious, I calmly tried to exit the parking spot, but because of my lack of experience, I obviously failed miserably, hence why I first bumped the front of my car to the one in front of mine, then tried to reverse and crashed into the other one, "Oh, fuck it," I said as I pulled out of the parking spot and almost dragging the damaged-behind-car with me, and sped off into the busy streets of New York.

Suddenly I caught a figure at the corner of my eye, "Y/n, don't run! We can talk this through!" I looked to my left, and there was Winter, on a motorbike, struggling to keep up with me.

"Shit, you again?" I mumble, mostly to myself.

"Y/n, listen to me, don't do this!" Sam appeared on my right flying right next to my car and gliding through the cars while also trying to keep up with me at the same time, kept on insisting. Looking for anything to throw at him, I opened the dash board which had loose change and bill receipts, I reach out while keeping my eyes on the road and clutched a bunch of everything.

"Shut. Up." I growled at him as I flung them out my window into his face. A receipt landed on his vision as he crashed into a car. One down, one to go.

I looked back to my left, Winter had his eyes as wide as saucers, I sharply turned my steering wheel towards him as his vehicle and mine collided and sent his crashing into another car. Searching for him in my left rear view mirror, it was all that I needed, his bike crashed as his body slammed to the car, there was no way he can keep up with me now with a fucked up motorbike.

And so, I floor the gas pedal and speed through the other cars. No weapons. No location. I just take whatever roads that can lead me away from them and the tower. 

Freedom on my mind. Wind through my hair. It felt like all I have ever wanted.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅• 

Okay... before anything, look at the title... that's what I don't have :)