ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪᴠ - ꜱᴇʀᴠɪᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ꜱᴍɪʟᴇ

"Alright," said Steve, "Now that we're here, let's spread out; Clint, Nat, Pietro, Bucky and myself, we're going to head to the roads; we start from where the car is, outwards. Wanda, Vision, Tony, Sam and Thor, you keep look out from up high, and if you see anything do not engage- tell everyone where and we'll be there. Stay out of sight and undercover and if you see her don't go after her alone. She's undercover as much as us, so eyes open everybody. Is everything clear?"

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅• 

"Is everything clear?" said Golden boy. Damn... I knew he would be bossy as fUck but like- chill, my friend.

Okay, seriously now... I need to hide or get a car or something. Well, maybe not a car... but a bicycle...? No, no... not a bicycle...

Turning to walk away from the cult of a team they call 'Avengers', I keep my pace slow and my hood up. There were a lot of people pacing up and down the streets, if I could just pick someone's pocket.

"Oh- I'm so sorry sir, are you okay?" I apologized to the middle aged man that I bumped on complete accident.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," he insisted, "Thank you."

"No, sir, thank you."

Literally.

I keep on walking and enter a grocery store with the wallet of one named Walter Drysdale. Shop's practically soul-less if there wasn't the cashier. Slowly browsing through the foods I hear foot steps on the next aisle... huh... guess I was wrong. I frowned and picked up some cereal bars and walked away from the aisle, still a little wary that somehow I was wrong.

Maybe I'm just paranoid... I mean.. I did just escape Hydra and the Avengers, can't really blame me. 

Opening the fridge full of drinks, I took out two bottle of water and an energy drink and walked away to pay. See? I can be decent when I want to?

I stepped in front of the counter and cleared my throat. No response from the literal corpse on his phone in front of me. Five seconds pass and I bang the things I want to buy on the counter in front of the guy as he jumps and stares at me as if I was the one who was being rude. I reach up and pluck a lollypop from its rack and place it gently near the other things... and smile. 

Still though, that nagging feeling that I was wrong nips at my mind as I take a look around... there was no one there.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅• 

Stepping out of the store, I take a quick glance around me, and something at the corner of my eye catches my attention.

There he is... America's Golden Boy; with his patriotic shield up and a stern look on his unmasked face. What was he so mad about? I'm right here..

Is there some kind of robbery happening and they got distracted? I mean... if an avenger was on a mission, I'm guessing that they won't let a robbery happen, no?

Curiosity killed the cat; I started slowly moving towards the scene as people crowded around the Captain in a circle, making it harder to see who he's focusing all his attention on. I'm a little jealous, to be honest...

As I get closer and closer to the scene, the face of Golden Boy's opponent becomes more familiar with each step. Until finally... I come to my senses...

Alexei Fedorov. The Third-Best Winter Soldier.

Goosebumps coated my skin as my heart rate stuttered, hearing it woosh blood through my ears as I stare in complete silence, holding my breath for dear life.

All super-soldiers have very good hearing and a good sense of memory, but Fedorov was known for it. The same way that I am not a super-soldier but I am the most stealthier, calmer and prideful of them. And I was known for that.

I start retreating slowly from the tensed-up-ready-to-beat-the-living-lights-out-of-each-other super-soldiers, and just as I was doing that, Fedorov's head snapped to the side and his eye caught mine just in time as I ducked down.

Shit.

There is no fucking way he didn't see me or recognize me...

I shrink back into my hoodie as I crawl my was out of the crowd, lips trembling and hands quivering slightly from the adrenaline pumping through my veins. 

I know he has come for me, and me only...but I also know, that there is no means that he isn't alone. There and then, in the middle of the huddling crowd, I made up my mind.

They have come for me. And they are not stopping until they acquire their mission. Not ever.

I drag myself out of the claustrophobic environment, and stand up on scarred and shaky knees and start making my way to an abandoned car, with its door opened.

Out of nowhere, an explosion detonates a few feet away from my body as I collapse on the ground from the effect.

My ears rang loudly in my ears as I covered them with my palms and squinted from the horrible sound slicing into my brain. I feel a warm liquid running down the side of my thigh as I laid there, on the concrete road, groaning from the pain my spine had to endure.

Blinking from the intense sudden flash of light intruding my sore eyes I look up. Two blurry faces leaned down at me tilt their head simultaneously as a black void takes over my vision.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅• 

Felt like this chapter was too short. Sorry about that.