ᏟᎻᎪᏢᎢᎬᏒ 11 - « Succeed »

« Fuck this shit, » blurted Y/N, letting out a long groan

"It's ok Y/N, you can do it," said Connie, having trouble to talk well because of his heavy breath, "You can do it," he added, putting down his drumsticks.

"No, it's not ok!" cried Y/N, "It's been an hour now since our break, and I still can't play that... fucking solo," she said angrily, taking a sip of her beer.

"We believe in you ! Like they said earlier, it's not an easy one to play," reassured Armin, taking a step towards the group.

"What am I doing wrong? Really, I can't find it, it's droving me crazy as hell," she stated , scratching the back of her neck because of her anxiety. "Because of me, we are late in our repetitions," she finished.

"Y/N," declared Levi, sitting on a couch with Erwin at his right and Hange at his left, "You, like always, pushing yourself too hard. A song can't be perfectly played in one afternoon. You have to practice more, it's the only way."

"Thanks, captain obvious!" she responded, irony in her voice.

"Perhaps, in an other hand," he continued, looking at her straight in the eyes, "Something is bothering you ? You can't be fully concentrated?"

What the fuck gremlin.

Y/N take a look at him, and it takes all her being to not stare at the person at his left, "Why do you say that ?"

"Nothing, just saying."

Everyone knew how well what he meant by that. The stare he was giving her, it was saying all his thoughts. Their friends were looking at her too, making her slightly blush. What was their problem all of the sudden?!

"Can I say something ?" a voice suddenly asked.

What now. What do they want? No, say nothing, for the love of God. I'm already pissed, don't get things worst that they already are.

"Of course you can, Hange," responded Jean, hands on his hips.

Damn you horse boy.

"I'm not a musician, but you can take my advice as an observer," they declared, standing up and talking with their hands for a better explanation, "I think that Y/N should stop relying on Jean's playing."

"What ?" stated Y/N, taking aback for what they said.

"Don't get me wrong, let me explain," they continued, "I observed that most of your playing, for this song, you are relying on his rhythm, and that's maybe why you can't do your  'solo'. I think you should rely on Connie this time," they finished.

"Rely on Connie ? He's the fucking drummer, I can't rely my play on his beats, nonsense," mocked Y/N, "Advice declined."

Hange gives her a dark look, pissed by her behavior. For once, they were trying to help.