03 | His questions

Chapter 3: The questions he had

As he made his way to the opening and turned towards the stairs, Ash almost got a heart attack.

Standing at the second stair was none other than the girl whom Ash still didn't know the name of. He gasped loudly as his one hand made way towards his heart, which was beating at an unbelievable speed at the sudden appearance of her. Ash panted a bit trying to calm his heart down, and then looked at the girl again.

She had her arms folded on her chest, he could tell she was wondering what Ash was upto this time at night. Ash didn't want to give her any reason to kick him out of the house, and he mentally face palmed himself when he thought him going around the house might just be the reason for the girl to let him out. He just hoped that she wouldn't make him go away.

"Uh- Um- Sorry about that. Didn't see you there." He apologized to her, though he thought it was really not good of her to just turn up in front of him like that and scare the life out of him.

"Why are you roaming around?" The girl asked monotonously, her arms still crossed, and her gaze fixed heatedly only on Ash. Her eyes shone in the little amount of moonlight coming inside.

"I-uh, I was just trying to find you." Ash replied, a little awkwardly.

"Why?"

"I realized I never got to ask your name, and some other stuff." Ash mumbled the last part, but the girl still heard it.

"Misty." The girl, who just revealed that her name was Misty, answered his question. Ash looked up at her, and blinked. He thought her name really suited her. She seemed really mystical, just like her name. Ash wanted to know more about her.

"Nice name!" Ash chimed, trying to lighten the tension in the air which was thick.

"Anything else?" Misty asked, her tone seemed bored.

"Um..do you live here all alone?" Ash asked.

"Does that concern you?" Ash was a little taken aback at her response. He thought she would reply right away, like she did before.

He shook his head and his hands gesturing no as he said, "No no, I just wondered..."

"Did you need anything?" Misty asked.

"No...thank you." Ash replied thankfully.

"Then go to your room." She told him, a little harshness mixed with her cold tone. To say that Ash was intimidated by her would just be an understatement. He widened his eyes a little before nodding and brushing past her, going down to the second floor and towards his room. As said before, he obeyed her without any doubts because he thought with the cold demeanor that Misty had, she wouldn't hesitate to throw him out of her house.

He opened the door to his room and closed it, going towards his bed and flopping down inside the blanket, snuggling in it. His brain wandered off to different thoughts again, stopping at his mom's words.

"There really are evil beings in the outside world...."

"Ones that wouldn't think twice before doing something bad..."

Even though Ash didn't get scared easily, right now, he did. His mind finally thought about bad creatures pouncing at him without a reason and torture him. He thought that someone would strangle him right now, that there was someone in this room right now that would kill him then and there.

Yes, he had his fair share of nightmares in the past, but they didn't get him unless he remained positive, which he was all the time. Right now, he thought about himself being all cuddled in his room, back in his town, in his mother's protection, away from all the evil spirits, as if there weren't horror sounds made by the wind outside and a certain someone named Misty going around the halls.