04 | His confusion

Chapter 4: The confusion he felt

"There it- eh...?" Ash presented but went into confusion after seeing what was really there.

Nothing.

"There's nothing. What are you going on about?" Adam asked, completely sure that Ash was crazy.

Ash looked around him, thinking if he had lost the way or something. He knew that he had been here last night and saw the house, plus met Misty. How could it just disappear?

"You're definitely crazy." Adam exclaimed as he went back the way they had come in. Ash looked at Adam's retreating figure, going behind him a little, but then stopping midway. Adam was out of sight, and Ash still wondered how he could go the wrong way.

He went back the same way he remembered, and pushed the bushes and falling branches aside, and looked ahead...

to see the house.

"Didn't I come the same way?" Ash said as he went towards the house. He wanted to ask Misty as to why the house just disappeared and came back, also what the hell was happening.

He went into the house through the door and looked around for her, but as always, didn't find her.

"Ugh, where is she?" There were so many questions going on in his mind at that time, but he couldn't find the person who had the answer to them.

He decided to wait patiently in the hall until she appeared, so he could talk to her as soon as possible. He waited, while keeping a check on the time.

It had been half an hour since he was waiting patiently. Ash groaned in frustration as he looked at the time again.

Just then he heard a knock on the door.

Quickly standing up without thinking, he ran to the door, opening it almost immediately. He didn't even think that why would Misty knock when it was her own house. He just opened it, to see the old man he had spotted on the footpath, the one he had given the jacket to. He was smiling at Ash.

"Oh, hey uncle. You can see this house, right?" Ash asked.

"Indeed, I can. That's how I came here." The old man said. "Can I come in?"

Ash nodded, stepping aside. He had forgotten whatever Misty had told him. The old man stepped inside, looking around curiously.

"Do you not have a place to stay? You can stay here if you want." Ash offered. He was starting to act like a house agent at that point, offering anyone to come live with him and Misty. Although that was just a part of his character, he never liked seeing people in pain and always helped with whatever he could.

"Thank you, young man. But I'm looking for someone here. By the way, here's your jacket." The old man stated, handing Ash's jacket back to him.

"Who?"

"Misty. She lives here, right?" The man asked, looking Ash in the eye. Ash gulped, nodding.

"Well then, I don't think we need you anymore now." The old man said.

"Eh...?...AHH!" Ash was first confused, but then the old man shot him a look, making Ash go flying towards the wall, hitting his back against it, hard.

"Who's Misty to you?" The old man, who didn't seem very old at that point, came towards Ash, choking him by holding a tight grip on the poor boy's neck, holding him up against the wall.

"I-I don't kn-know, leave- leave me, p-p-" Ash coughed, trying to get out of the man's grip, "please."

"Oh, you wished." The man smirked, making his hold on Ash's neck tighter. Tears started forming in Ash's eyes, and his neck burned with pain. He still tried to fight for his life, but he was failing.

"Leave him."

The old man looked behind him, losing his control over Ash, and he fell down on the ground, coughing his life out. The old man smirked looking at who the voice belonged to.

"Ah, Misty. Just the girl I wanted to see." The old man said. His form started to change. His fake old man mask fell down, and the demon behind it came into view. Coal black skin, rotten teeth, long nails, devilish smirk, red eyes, and a long black cloth wrapped around the body.

Ash widened his eyes the second he saw the old man turning into his true form. He had never believed in these demons, and he had never expected to see one himself one day. He looked at Misty, terrified of the scene present in front of him as the demon started to walk towards Misty. He made eye contact with her.

"Run." Misty said, calmly. A bit very calm for the situation in front of them. Ash was a bit hesitant at first, but he gathered himself and stood up. He looked at Misty once again, she just nodded at him. He nodded back and wished her good luck mentally, and ran towards the hallway.

He looked around, not knowing what to do or where to go. He still thought the devil would come after him to kill him, and the adrenaline in his body pumped more at the thought. He ran till he reached the end of the hallway, where there was nothing but a wall.

"Ugh!" Ash exclaimed. As he looked around, he took a look at the floor, and saw a small square tile fitted in, which looked like it could be opened and closed.

It seemed like a trap door.

He looked at it closely, crouching down and holding it, trying to open it up. Surprisingly, it was moving.

Ash pulled it all the way up, and saw an old ladder and pure darkness beneath. He felt a little bit of fear as to what might be inside, but he shrugged it off. For him, anything would be better other than that demon roaming around the house, ready to kill him.

He went down through the ladder, closing the trap door over him. He kept climbing down the stairs, his heart was beating so fast and hard that he could hear it in his ears. His hands were sweaty and he thankfully avoided slipping because of that.

He couldn't see around due to lack of light. His senses became more active, since his eyes wouldn't be able to help him there. He heard no noise, only his breathing. He felt the walls with his hands again in order to find the light switch, but he found none. Slowly moving forward, he bumped into something, seemingly a door.

Ash felt the door knob as he opened the door to something unknown. He didn't know what might lie on the other side, but he wanted to get away from the dangerous monster that was in the house between him and Misty.

Suddenly, Misty's thoughts struck into his mind. He stopped while thinking about her. He wondered if she was alright, if she could handle the demon, if she wouldn't get killed, if she would make it out of there alive.

The calmness, danger, and confidence in her voice when she had told Ash to run spoke for itself, but Ash couldn't help but still be worried. It was just some sort of weird feeling he had, always doing things that he used to tell himself to not do.

"She'll be alright..." He muttered under his breath as he turned the knob again, and slowly pushed open the door. It made a squeaking sound as it opened, and finally some yellow dim light made its way towards Ash.

The things residing under the dim light were too unbelievable for poor Ash.

-

Finally figured out I still haven't left my habit of leaving chapters on cliffhangers, huh? 

It just happens~