08 | His answers

Chapter 8: The answers he got

"There are some things I wanna talk about." Misty said sternly as Ash finally turned to look at her. A thunder boomed just after, lightning their faces white as they stared at each other.

It seemed like Ash had forgotten everything that happened, because after looking at Misty, everything struck him. He stiffened a bit, thinking about the day's events as he walked back to the couch, Misty following closely behind.

After they both seated down, an uncomfortable silence filled them. Misty decided to break it.

"Look, I don't know how, but that demon which came here today had this house's location. I have no idea how he got it, but it's dangerous. We are not safe, Ash." Misty explained.

That was when Ash remembered. "Ah, about that...You see, that demon had disguised as an old innocent man and had met me in the main area. He asked me where I lived, and I might or might not have told him about this house." Ash said, smiling a bit nervously, readying himself for Misty's wrath. At that time, he had completely forgotten about her two rules.

"I had only two rules." Misty said, sighing while shaking her head.

"I know, I know, and I'm sorry for that. It just slipped my mind while thinking about helping that guy." Ash said, looking down and joining his hands and apologizing to Misty.

"No wonder you were the chosen one.." Misty said, looking out. Memories of her past days flooding into her mind as soon as she saw the rain again.

It had rained that day too.

There was a tension filled silence between them. Ash hoped he wouldn't have to get out after this, while Misty hoped he'd have been a little more careful and they wouldn't be here.

"Misty, please. Tell me what's going on. You have no idea how much confusion I have been carrying in myself since I saw all of that." Ash pleaded. Misty looked him straight in the eye, thinking about the pros and cons of revealing everything.

And so, she decided not to reveal everything.

"I..." Misty began.

"Come on, just do it."

"I killed them." Misty said monotonously.

"Oh you- what?" Ash looked at her, horrified yet again.

The girl in front of him was making him feel things he never felt.

"I killed them all...my family." Misty revealed. "I killed them." Her face didn't hold any guilt. She was pretty calm about it, which made Ash think that she desired to do it.

"Why...?" Ash asked, the fear in his mind slowly rising at the thought of a murderer sitting in front of him.

He concluded, he would definitely get killed sooner or later.

"What else do you think?" Misty asked, her voice dangerously making Ash feel goosebumps.

"To rule Elenia..."Ash figured, to which Misty nodded.

"How could you?" Ash asked, feeling hurt for Misty's family whom she betrayed.

"Power comes first." Misty stated, bored.

"No! Family comes first! Has nobody taught you that?" Ash asked her, standing up from his seat.

"They did, but I choose my beliefs myself." Misty told him, looking up at him. Ash looked enraged.

"They're someone that raised you, Misty! You couldn't kill them just like that, for power. I'm sure you were gonna get some of it sooner or later." Ash told her, trying to get her to feel sorry about killing someone, that too her own family.