12 | His truth

Chapter 12: The truth he heard

They both arrived home and got seated on the couch in front of each other.

"Are you okay?" Misty asked Ash.

"Yeah, are you?" Ash asked back.

"Pretty much."

"Good. Now tell me, what was that all about? No excuses, no lies. Just the truth." Ash instructed her, looking at her dead in the eye. It didn't have any effect on Misty, though it was worth a try as per him.

"I'm..." Misty began.

"She's not a killer." Someone said from behind Ash. A low, octave voice. Ash looked behind him, and squeaked, jumping up from his seat and going towards Misty and standing beside her, who had stood up after seeing Lucas as well. Misty looked at Ash beside her, and how he had come to her as if it was instinct.

Actually, it was.

"Surprised to see you're still here." Misty said, not affected by the dark man's presence. Ash looked at her, who didn't look back. He figured it might be her 'friend', and looked back at Lucas.

"I wanted to see if you tell him." Lucas said. Ash looked at Misty again confused but guessing the him in the sentence was him.

"I was going to." Misty said, ignoring Ash's stare.

"I totally know what you were gonna say, Misty." Lucas said, growling.

"Okay." Misty said, sitting back down on the couch. Lucas walked towards them while Ash took a step back, barely avoiding himself from falling on the couch.

"Seems like she forgot to tell you this." Lucas said.

"Why do you think I'd tell him about you? Don't get your hopes up." Misty said with a done face.

"I'm Lucas, hi. Nice to meet you." Lucas introduced himself to Ash, who just stared back in terror. Misty sighed, shaking her head.

"Do you think he'll squeal happily after you introduce yourself in that form, dumbass?" Misty asked, pointing at his current dark state.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." Lucas said as he changed back to his human form. Ash stared in horror as he saw a fair, long faced handsome man standing in front of him. He had dark brown orbs with black hair falling on his forehead. Black jeans and a white shirt with a tattooed thunder peeking out of its collar over his neck. It made him look a bit badass but his behavior said otherwise.

"Better?" Lucas asked the pair sitting in front of him. Ash just stared while Misty nodded slightly.

"Are you just gonna stand there and stare at me?" Lucas asked, turning his gaze to Ash. Ash snapped out of his fixed stare on Lucas and shook his head slightly.

"No, sorry." Ash said, apologetic for staring.

"No biggie." Lucas said, turning to Misty. "Now, as I was saying..."

"He might not believe you." Misty told him, not holding his gaze. Ash looked between both of them confused, but decided to stay quiet until he got to know what was happening.

"Misty's not a killer." Lucas said seriously to Ash. "She's a liar."

"Hey." Misty said, her voice deadly. Lucas didn't hesitate to continue further.

"She didn't kill." He began.

"Lucas."

"She was killed." He revealed. Ash widened his eyes as yet another truth was put into his mind. He didn't want to believe it just yet, Misty wouldn't lie about such a thing.

Would she?

"You're lying." Ash said, looking at Lucas straight into his eyes. "Why would she lie to me?"

"It's her habit. That and telling incomplete information." Lucas explained.

"I tell what I feel I should." Misty said, in a tranquilled tone.

"That doesn't mean you should lie to him, he's here to help you." Lucas told her.

"You lied to me..." Ash said as he glanced at Misty turning his head sideways, not looking at her wholly. She shrugged.

"Seems like it."

"If you're still gonna lie to me, I'm gonna have to say no to your offer." Ash said, his voice firm and not cracking.

"It wasn't an offer, and you didn't have no as choice." Misty stared at him, a slight bit of annoyance radiating off her usual calm self.

Ash gulped, feeling her annoyance and wondering if he crossed the line. Lucas came towards him and patted his back.

"You did nothing wrong, don't worry." He whispered to the poor scared boy, who was lost in the world full of secrets. Ash smiled weakly at the boy beside him, still not forgetting his dark form. He just wanted to disappear from there.

"So, you're telling me..." Ash said as he took a seat back on the couch, Lucas following suit beside him. Ash held Misty's cold gaze, "You aren't the killer but you're the victim?" Misty nodded.

"Why did you lie to me about it?" Ash asked her, feeling a little hurt thinking he was hidden from the truth.

"It was fun." Misty said, not having any reason to spill.

"Oh, puh-lease." Lucas scoffed, glaring at her. It was as if he was trying to kill her with his gaze.

"Tell me what exactly happened." Ash demanded.

"Someone killed all of us, the king, the queen, and me. I suspect he tried to rule the kingdom after, but Elenal didn't let that happen and destroyed everything." Misty explained shortly.

"He?" Ash asked.

"Most probably." Misty said, nodding slightly. Ash thought about it for a moment.

"If mostly everything is possible here, then why don't we do something and go back in time, preventing the incident from happening?" Ash asked, turning to a thinking Lucas and then back to Misty.

"We can't. We can't change fate." Misty stated.

"Why not?"

"It's dangerous." Misty said calmly. "The consequences of doing it wouldn't be good."

"She's right, actually." Lucas agreed with Misty. Ash nodded in understanding.

There was a moment of silence, everyone wondering what could possibly be done.

"We'll discuss later. Go to sleep." Misty said as she got up from her sleep. Ash and Lucas did too.

"Okay." Ash replied, obeying and turning to the stairs.

"You're staying?" Misty asked Lucas.

"No, there's someone I need to drop off. Besides, he called for you again. Come with me." Lucas informed her. Misty blinked as she glanced at Ash's walking figure reaching the stairs. He looked as if all he wanted to do was have a peaceful sleep, forgetting all of this fuss.

Misty looked back at Lucas, and nodded. "Let's go."

Both of them headed towards their destination as Ash headed to his.

They both walked as Lucas decided to break the silence floating in the air.

"You only told him that one. What about the other thing?" Lucas asked, looking at her.

"Not yet."

"Misty."

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him." Misty said sternly. "Besides, he'd be happy to do it by then."

"How are you so sure?" Lucas asked.

"I just am." 

-