09 | His need

Chapter 9: The need he had

Whole night was wasted.

Ash didn't get even a bit of sleep. His body was wide awake. Even though he tried multiple times to relax and sleep, he couldn't. He kept shifting from one side to another, from one position to another. From sleeping on the bed to sleeping on the floor.

No.

Sleep never came to him.

He woke up with a slight headache. His head was hammering like his heart. Bright sunshine had filled the once dark room. He got up, holding his pounding head as he searched for his clothes and necessities, then heading towards the bathroom. He didn't know where Misty was, nor did he want to know yet.

As soon as he stepped into the shower, he felt the warm water wash down his restlessness. He felt good, calm, and relaxed. For a second he wanted all of it to be a dream, like he'd wake up after slipping in the shower. Unfortunately for him, it was real. Everything was real.

The fantasy he had only heard and read about, was real.

He finished and wore his clothes, going back to his room and sitting on his bed, looking out of the window.

How did he end up there?

God knew.

A loud ring echoed through the room, startling him. He picked up his phone to see his mother, Delia, calling. He smiled at the thought of talking to her but his smile dropped as soon as he remembered he would have to lie to her again.

"Hey mom." Ash greeted, picking up the phone.

"Hey baby. How are you? Got a ride back?" Delia asked him.

Ash shook his head, as if Delia could see him. "Not yet, sorry mom."

One sorry for that one lie.

"Oh, you poor thing. I don't know why God's not listening to my wishes." Delia said, sighing in the process. "Are you good though? Eating well? Everything is fine around you?"

That was when Ash remembered, he hadn't eaten anything except the one sandwich he had made yesterday. He mentally facepalmed himself.

"Yes, mom. Everything's fine. Sorry, I forgot to tell you." Ash replied.

Another sorry for another lie.

"You don't need to tell me, Ash. Just be safe, and that's my gift." Delia said, but panicked as soon as she heard a low sob on the other end.

"Ash?! Why are you crying? Is something wrong, honey? Tell me. Come on, Ash. What's up?" She said, her worry overtaking her calm self. Ash knew this would've happened, but he just couldn't stop himself from breaking.

"Mom...I'm stuck." Ash said through his silent cries. "I can't find a way back." He added.

"Ash, baby, don't cry. you'll find a way." Delia assured him, oblivious to all that was happening with her son.

"I just miss you mom, I miss our home.." Ash told her, genuinely missing his mother's warmth.

"You'll be back in no time Ash, just take care of yourself, okay? There are many unknown evils in this world." Delia warned him.

"Yeah, I figured that out." Ash told her, remembering he was living with one himself. He gritted his teeth thinking about that.

He wiped his tears as his mom kept assuring him about getting his ride back soon. He wished her goodbye as he hung up, getting up and finally deciding on making up his mind for whatever that lied ahead of him.