37

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Now playing: Koko de Iki wo (slowed & reverb) - Eill

1:40 ───◉──── 4:09 

↻ ◁ II ▷↺ Volume: ■■■■■□□□

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"[NAME]! YOU'RE AWAKE!" Senju shouts in shock. 

[name] freezes up at the sound of the girl's voice. She slowly turns to face the pink-haired beauty. 

Before she could utter a single word, she was brought into a tight embrace. As Senju's head rested on her shoulder, she felt tears soak through her clothes. 

Paying no mind to it she softly reciprocates the hug, patting the shorter female's back. 

Senju had just been informed about [name] being awake by Wakasa and she wasted no time to come visit her. 

It was late in the evening and she was a bit mad that she wasn't informed earlier, but all that anger disappeared after embracing [name].

"Calm down, Senju." [name] says while rubbing Senju's back.

"...[name]...I- I'm so s-sor—" before Senju could completely apologize, [name] interrupts her.

"Aneki told me there's a firework display tonight. Let's go watch it, yeah?" [name] says, taking the blanket off of her. 

Placing her feet on the ground, she goes to stand up. She stumbles slightly to which Senju immediately goes to aid her. 

"Thanks..." [name] mutters, a red tint on her cheeks. 

"[name]-san! Are you also going to watch the fireworks display?" Hina says walking up the stairs.

"Yes, It's good to see that you're both doing well..." [name] says looking at the couple in front of her. 

"You too, [name]-san!" Takemichi and Hinata say surprisingly in unison. They turn to look at each other in shock and chuckle slightly. 

[name] shakes her head smiling slightly.

"We'll give you some privacy." [name] grabs Senju's wrist and drags her away. 

Just then, the fireworks had begun. 

They were both seated and marveling at the sight before them. 

"Senju, I'm sorry." [name] says, out of the blue. Senju turns to look at her in surprise. 

"[name], no it's my fault—" 

"Stop, Senju. Let me finish." [name] says, lifting her index finger and placing it on Senju's lips.

"I'm really sorry, all this time, I hurt you. I'm sorry." Senju looks down at her lap as [name] apologizes.

"Senju, I don't want to get your hopes up by saying this, but I want to be honest. I think I like you..." Senju's eyes widen at [name]'s words.

"...but..." Senju's heart deflates a bit.

"...I'm in love with Manjiro." Senju just looks at her with a sad smile.

"It's okay, I understand." Senju says, holding her tears.

"Senju, I had a misscariage." [name] hears Senju gasp. 

"Just, let me finish, okay?" [name] asks, her voice low. Senju only nods. 

"I didn't know that I was pregnant, the only person I had been seeing recently was Manjiro. I've always been by his side, so it was difficult for me to give up on him like that, so I would meet him sometimes. 

But, even when we were dating, you were somehow always at the back of my mind. Now, I kinda understand why. I'm really confused right now because after hearing about the miscarriage, I sort of lost my love for Manjiro.

As bad as this sounds, this miscarriage was some sort of closure for me. Even so, I need a bit of time. Senju, I love you, but this is too much for me at the moment, that's why please wait for me—"

"Okay!" Senju says, standing up. [name] looks at her shocked. 

"Eh? Uh, wait-"

"I understand, [name]." Senju says and [name] stands up looking down at the determined female.

"I don't care how long I have to wait, I will till our next lives if I have to, I will wait for you. It's a promise." Senju says smiling while she holds out her pinky.

[name] smiles softly and interlocks her pinky with Senju's.

"It's a promise."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

-omg just a few more chapters!-

-not me crying think about the ending of this book-

-don't worry, it's not sad...i think-

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

©tojisrealwifeyy

©tojisrealwifeyy