Lesson: Samurai vs Ninja

I sat in a spot by the computers because I was feeling a little awkward in sitting at that other kid's desk knowing I'm not actually in this class.

The head of the class pulled up a smart Board based on an rng tournament matchup bracket with avatars of our faces if I were to win I would be fighting Damien some nerd kid and then Jewel. meanwhile, Jewel gets to fight some ninja kid Nora and me.

Everyone had mixed reactions to who they were facing. I was content with my position even though I was hoping I'd fight the 3 people I actually knew. Oh well. 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

Teacher: Now, class, to give a fresh reminder and an introduction to how the school tournaments work. The tournament is set in league style. you all will be battling the whole class and the winner moves on to fight the winner of that bracket. the loser of that bracket gets eliminated until one person remains. after that the winner gets a special prize.

The class perked up as if they don't get prizes every time they do this.

Teacher: Furthermore, each of you are allowed to use 2 pokemon per battle. And substitution is prohibited.

Someone raised their hand.

Teacher: Yes?

???: How do we know if that New kid isn't just gonna sweep us?

Jewel: Oh, don't worry. I Can confirm. He sucks ass. Doesn't even know what a field effect is.

The class laughed.

Teacher: Jewel, how many times have I told you to watch your mouth.

Jewel: I think this is 48293 times now ? I'm trying to reach a record of 69420.

The class laughed again.

Teacher: Isaac, I am so sorry about his behavior.

Isaac: It's whatever. Every insult to my face just helps puts the potential energy in my no u-turn. By the way, I'm willing to bet everyone in this school has at least a little interest in shopping and yet no one is willing to buy his woobatshit.

The entire class: SHEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!!!

Jewel: AY, buddy! I make the comments in here!

he got out his chair and walked up in my direction

Isaac: Sorry man. we're in the final bracket. Gonna have to wait a while before I feed your ego. Better feed it yourself if it's hungry.

Everyone praised me like a legend and I even caught the teacher off guard.

The chinnin gets replaced by the class clown with the most based lines.

Teacher: *snicker* Okay, class. let's settle down and get ready for the tournament.

*****

The first battle of the tournament: Me and Damien

My opponent was taking several deep breaths. my guess is he doesn't get many chances to do this therefore is self-conscious about battling.

Then I noticed he didn't have any Pokeballs on his belt. In fact, he was given a couple of Pokeballs as well as a couple of pokemon cards.

So not only would it be safe to assume that he lacks experience but Damien doesn't have any pokemon on his own and is required to use rentals.

He was given a couple flash cards to show what pokemon he was given with moves abilities and most probably all of the other nerd stats of pokemon.

After spending a couple of minutes of reading he threw one of the pokeballs and out popped a Chimchar.