Clash in the Watery Depths

Running through route 8 jumping over fence posts like hurdles we miraculously got caught up to Jewel.

Jewel: Oh, hey... It's you two. Why am I not surprised? Is the runt with you?

Isaac: Who, Damien? No, why?

Jewel: No reason. I just figured we weren't gonna stay apart for long. I don't like it, but you two seem just as stubborn as me. I evidently can't stop you from tagging along... Unless you got some other place to be.

Nora: Well... We were gonna head down to Sonata City. There's a gym there and Isaac wants to check up on Kirlia at the hospital.

Jewel: Ah, I see... Well, I was actually planning on heading down this way toward Miara town. Got some business to take care of.

Isaac: Okay, so... We split up for now and then meet up later?

Jewel: Sigh... sure, I guess...

Nora: Isaac! Your bag!

Isaac: What about- Huh?!

PURR! ESP!

Suddenly Espurr hopped out of the bag frightened as if there was something else inside.

I take it off and I discovered it was glowing...

Isaac: What the?

I open it up and I realized I still had that Pokémon egg from the black market. And it was ready to hatch!

Isaac: Oh yes! Here we go! What's it gonna be? It's blue so probably a water type!

I take it out of the container and hold the egg. it cracked and deformed in my arms...

Isaac: Whoa...

Crapsnud.

Isaac: It's... a Dunsparce! A delta Dunsparce even!

Dunsparce: Delta variant: The water bug pokemon: A bug and and water type: Despite it's menacing glare, delta dunsparce are very friendly and easy to get along. It's fast enough to outrun Sirskit when running across the water.

I flipped through the dex just so ecstatic over all the info this little fella had.

Jewel: Dude calm down. It's just a Dunsparce.

Isaac: Aw come on let me be happy for once. I mean look at him! He's so cute and cool! Besides don't you have one too?

Jewel: Um, actually, I have a Dudunsparce.

Isaac: Oh wow, that's so much better! Also, did you unironically make the nerd emoji catchphrase?

Jewel: The hell are you calling a nerd?! You got spunk to back that up?!

Isaac: as a matter of fact, I do!

He snickered.

Jewel: Let's settle this, then... Your Dunsparce vs my Dudunsparce...

Isaac: You're so on!

Nora: Sigh... 0 minutes without casualties between these 2...

Jewel sent out his Dudunsparce.

Jewel: Water shuriken!

Snnnuuuuudud!

Several shurikens were sent in Dunsparce's direction.