to the core of alls life

Jewel took us into Koril town to cook us some food and give me a lesson on Aurelian magic.

It was impressive to watch all his Pokémon help him out. Frogadier was adding some spices with his combustible leaves. Dudunsparce was stiring pots and larvesta was surprisingly managing to make the aroma give an extra ompf to it.

Isaac: Wow... that smells amazing. Whatcha making?

Jewel: Heh-heh. Patience, my friend. A chef never reveals his secrets.

That's for the secret ingredient, not the entire meal. You probably got confused with magicians.

All my Pokemon were also curious and trying to get peaks but zweilous and shinx were practically gaurding them for their lives.

Jewel: Now, while we wrap that up, I shall be giving you a crash course on different esoteric abilities, and a new catch of mine will be joining us for the last section, please sit down. For the duration of the lesson you shall refer to me as professor aurelia.

Isaac: Yeah, no. That's cringe.I'm not gonna-

Jewel: SHUT YOUR MOUTH! Now, we shall start with the most famous esoteric ability: psychokinesis.

I called all of my Pokémon to sit down next to me.

Jewel: The brain is one of five nexus points where the body is most tied to the soul, the other being the eyes, the soles of our feet (hence their name), our heart, the palms of our hands, and the pelvis aka the appropriate sexual organ.

He shows up a diagram with a bunch of things I barely understood.

Jewel: Because of this, in many Pokemon and some humans, theirs a unique, mutation let's call it, where the leylines which connect the brain and soul is longer than it should be, essentially hanging limply in the astral plane. Because of this, the psychic in question can effectively use that loose leylines to latch onto something, aka basic telekinesis, more advanced psychic techniques involve using it to manipulate mana in the air, for example, this illusion" i flow extra mana into my loose leyline, to the point it was glowing and visible. Now, any questions?

Jesus Christ is this what it's like when you aren't homeschooled? Back at home we actually interacted with things to learn not just lectured to expect to jam facts into your head only to squeeze them out your other ear.

Isaac: Uh... less nerd emoji please? What's a nexus? What's a leyline? What's an astral plane? Is that some type of rocket ship?

Oshawott snickered at that last comment.

Jewel: Leylines are effectively magic veins, in both living organisms and the planet, they also are what connects the soul to the body, the nexus points are the points where souls and bodies are most connected, and the astral plane is the layer of reality made of mana or magic energy.

Without an example I couldn't fully understand but I chose to take his word for it so he could move on.

Jewel: Now let's move onto the next esoteric ability, aura!

The diagram switches to that of a human and and a lucario.

Jewel: Aura wielders, or aura adepts, wield the spark of their own life as a weapon, the spark of life force. Life force, is the binding of a soul to a vessel, the difference between a ghost or a corpse and a living person, or even a living object. In aura adepts, this spark is more like an inferno or, in the strongest cases, a blazing star, any questions so far?

This didn't really help me nessicarily learn what this is. I've already seen psychic abilities and aura in action thanks to Pokémon.

I decided to make the lesson less boring.