It's begun

A/N

So sorry it took so long to get this posted i had no motivation

But I'm back now with this chapter and another one this weekend!

Get ready things are getting real!

~+~

Time is a silly thing

You listen to it

And in turn

it listens to you

~~~

“Hi!” a blond boy said, opening Karls door, with a smile on his face, icy blue eyes shining down on Karl.

“Hello, may I ask who you are?” Karl asked, looking up from the book he was reading.

“I’m Spectral, your neighbor, what’s your name?” the boy- Spectral said still at the door.

“I’m Hourglass, you can come in” Karl said putting a smile on his face and bookmarking his book for later.

So the child’s code-name is Spectral. Interesting. The Time god said in his ear and Karl put the two names together, Spectral was Tommy. Karl's target.

“Cool code-name” Tommy said sitting at the desk chair while Karl was sprawled out on his bed

“Thank you!” Karl replied, looking at Tommy who he could see held years of hurt, and most likely some trauma, how he knew that you might ask, a lucky guess.

“Do you want help in training?” Tommy asked after a momentary silence, playing with his fingers in his lap.

“Sure, why not?” Karl shrugged, sitting then standing up and going to grab a knife from the pile of weapons before he was stopped by Tommy’s hand out in-front of him.

“Powers?” the boy asked again with a evident grin on his face.

“Okay?” Karl responded skeptically, and at that Tommy stood up and reopened the door to Karl's room.

Karl could use his power to get Tommy with the Time god.

“Don’t just stand there, let’s go” Tommy said, gesturing for Karl to follow, so Karl did all the way to the elevator and back down to the second floor training room.

“So let’s set some ground rules” Tommy said, him and Karl standing across from each other “no killing, rendering unconscious, seriously injuring, or using other methods against each other, the moment when one of us falls on the ground the opponent wins.”

“That’s it?” Karl asks, while some of those rules won’t need to come into play there’s still so little, and for a what 17 year old kid in a cult like this you would think there would be more rules.

“Yep” Tommy said, popping the ‘p’ , Karl was concerned with how laid back this child was, sure they were a part of a dangerous cult, and sure Karl didn’t know his powers but it still concerned him.

Maybe the kid was better than he thought.

“Ok well who’s-” Karl got cut off by being yanked to the ground, “hey! I wasn’t ready!” Karl exclaimed, trying to fight the vines that were wrapped around his feet and traveling up his legs.

When Karl didn’t get a response he looked up to see Tommy’s eyes glowing white and red, with him pushing Karl to the ground he looked pretty terrified, wait had he pushed him to the ground, or…

“Hey you ok?” Karl asked in a soft voice not to scare the already terrified child,

“I didn’t do that” Tommy says, sinking to the ground next to Karl, tears streaming down his face.