Chapter 40

"Honestly speaking, If Damien really didn't continue searching for the killer and gave up after getting fired, I don't think the main character could capture the serial killer."

Chapter 40

"I heard that Yeline and Miu are a fan of the Film Emperor Calum." The two girls nodded.

"Before filming, I was searching for information about the actors and actresses I'll be working with," Yeline started. "Then when I got Bother Calum's information I saw that all of his works have an outstanding rating, and are all blockbuster."

Everyone listened carefully and Yeline noticed it and immediately continued, "So, When I was learning how to act I decided to use his movies as a reference and then slowly I become a fan."

Yeline solemnly while nodding vigorously.

"Oh, what was your most favorite film among his works?" The female host curiously asked.

"Ah It's "Oath", I really like it. Damien the supporting character that Fil Emperor Calum acted as was the character that I was the most attracted to."

Calum was startled when he heard what the girl said but didn't show it on his face.

"Oh?" The male host said in confusion, it was obvious to his face that he didn't remember such character.

The audience was not different towards the Male host, they too were confused especially the newly born fans of the Emperor.

Miu of course saw their reaction and immediately took this opportunity to insert herself.

Miu smiled and hum thoughtfully, "I like the character Ouyang Lei that Emperor Calum acted as."

The audience was enthusiastic after hearing that.

"Me too, I like Prince Ouyang Lei of Scarlet Red. Especially when the heroine found out that her fiance, the prince, was the main perpetrator of the death of the king. That scene was considered the number 1 climax among historical films." The female host excitedly said.

Yeline stared at the audience and saw them talking about the movie excitedly.

"It was really good, no one expected that the male lead is actually the main villain," Miu commented while trying to act as enthusiastic as the others. Showing that she too was a fan of the Emperor, A fan greater than the pink-haired streamer.

Yeline stared at Miu with a bit of a pout on her lips.

So impatient

"I watched it too, but Ouyang lei was okay," Yeline simply said.

The two hosts stared confused at the girl. Wondering if she really isn't afraid of getting bitten by the ferocious fans of the Emperor.

Pei Ning saw that the emperor's fans' impression of Yeline is starting to become unfavorable. An immediately tried to save the girl.

"Can you tell us why Linlin?" Pei Ning asked the girl with a gentle smile on her face.

Yeline of course immediately notices this and the thought of being saved by her ex-toy is distasteful, she didn't say anything and just force herself to be grateful.

Yeline isn't used to being saved by people after all since she was a child everyone around her wasn't the best influence nor the safest being to be with.

There are few decent but their actions weren't really saving her but just giving her a way to save herself.

Thus, Yeline was used to saving herself by manipulating, deceiving, and cheating others.

Emperor Calum was just an example after all, who wouldn't put an exemption towards their idol right?

"Damien of Oath is a supporting character, and the best character I've ever known. Actually, it's just my opinion, at first I actually liked Ouyang Lei after all he was the first character I've known and "Scarlet Red" is the first movie I've watched. but that changed when I watched "Oath"." Yeline mysteriously said and giggles seeing their focus gazes.

Oath is the film that made Emperor Calum's popularity skyrocket. It is a mystery film that revolves around finding the serial killer that killed hundreds of civilians.

"Damien is a dedicated policeman that got fired by the department because he couldn't capture a dangerous serial killer, despite the numerous close calls." Yeline started and smiled proudly before continuing.

"Although he was fired he didn't stop searching for that dangerous criminal which is admirable. However, that wasn't the reason that made me admire him but the fact that he is the first police that almost caught the serial killer not just once, nor twice, but numerous times."

"Honestly speaking, If Damie really didn't continue searching for the killer and gave up after getting fired, I don't think the main character could capture the serial killer."

"His character was just overshadowed because he was killed halfway through the film and only appeared for a few minutes and in a form of clues. If Damien didn't lose his confrontation towards the killer, he would surely catch the serial killer and the main character would be a nothing."

Everyone watch the girl gush and fangirled towards the character. And felt amused but the longer they listened a weird feeling appeared in their hearts and the same thoughts pops inside their minds.

She was right, what if the policeman really did give up, then what will happen to the people living in the city?

For some reason, they wanted to watch the movie again.

Calum licks his lower lip and smiled. The female host notice his expression and immediately asked.

"Is Yeline right, Emperor?" The female host simply said, at a loss of words.

Damien nodded and before the others could react, the male spoke. "Actually, Damien is also my favorite character."

No one knows who gasp first, but it causes a series of gasp from the rest.

"When I first read the script I didn't understand why Damien continued searching for the killer. Yes, because it could save lives, it is a police duty to keep the city safe, and because it is in line with your morals. But is it really just that?" Calum started and leans comfortably on the sofa and stared at YEline who is carefully listening to him before showing a charming smile.

"He was already fired, he has a family, and your life is more important, right? so I didn't understand why he still risked his life. so, I went to the police department, to the division of the department that expertise catching dangerous criminals."

"I questioned them why, and they answered. I was surprised but what I heard, they didn't do it because of their sense of heroism nor to keep the city safe but because they wanted to punish those people who think they are above everyone and kills them because they like it and they deem it the right thing to do."

"Such arrogant statement was unbelievable but what really sticks to me was when a police officer said, I quote, "I catch those psychopaths because of my own selfishness, I don't want to be a hero I just want to bring justice to the lives that has beautiful futures but was mess up by people with sick morals. Catching them brought huge satisfaction inside of me."

"Damien isn't different from these heroes, He was selfish, he didn't think about the worry and concern of his family, all he wanted was to slap the official in the face because he fired him. He wanted to feel the satisfaction of proving the official wrong, the satisfaction of putting that serial killer on the corner and showing everyone that he did that, he was the reason that psychopath was cornered without escape. He wanted to shout, "I did it, I won the game,"."

Everyone fell silent and stared at the Emperor in amazement. They were lost with words and were strangely amazed at the people who catch dangerous individuals for a living.

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I am a graduating student ya know, so things are very stressful lately.

And plus I'm lazy.

Btw what you've read is just an opinion, not an actual fact. HAHAHAHAHHAHA don't take it too seriously. Police officers really just wanted to catch criminals to keep the city safe, don't think too much. well unless you guys agreed, AWINK AWINK.