viii. Cheating the Stars

TAY POV

The board meeting dragged on and my mind was elsewhere flying to New's sky suite ..

A few days ago..

I rushed back to New's suite, hearing he got sick from Gun. When I received a call that Gun revokes Namtan's plebian membership. Nam didn't even get a patrician's membership because Gun is pissed with her attitude he gave her the lowest.
I'd be sure not piss Gun in the future.
Not only that he banned her from stepping at any business chain that is directly sponsored or has ties with Lè Luna. He can be too much but I can't blame him, he loves New like his own brother and no one dares disrespect him but Gun.

New is my bestfriend, we were inseperable when we were young, its a one plus one package. We've been together since even after college we still see each other. Then I started travelling around, we talked less and less but still whenever I went home I go straight to him. He's like a brother, dad,mom name it he is always there.
When Namtan came into picture we hung out less and talked lesser.

New never really wanted to be introduced to the public as a Techaapaikun he tried his best to hold off his dad that insists on taking on a position at their family business, but that means cutting off all the joys he had. He never gave me heads up if I could reveal his identity to Nam so we kept it as is knowing she has that big mouth. That's why Nam never really understood my relationship with New.

Then she humiliated him a couple of days ago, I can't even defend Newwiee, I know he knows that I'm trying but its hard to see his pained look when I saw him drunk that night.
I didn't even know that Off and him had gotten close.
What's surprising was Off was never the type to befriend New's type of people, I even had a hard time getting close to him when I met him at Los Angeles, but we clicked and became buddies.I knew that Newwiee's preferences are somewhat weird but is it possible that they... Nah .. I must be overthinking is what I thought.

But when I rushed that morning at New's suite, I saw New hugging Off from the couch their backs facing me.
They haven't even notice the elevator bell when I got off. They were busy whispering , their faces close to each other. Off would never let anyone get close to him that easily and it seems like he was also working which by far he never let's anyone disturb him.

It felt as if there's a needle prickling me when I saw them. I was never like this with New's one night stands,I know he sleeps a lot and plays a lot but no one ever stays that long at his place. I never seen anyone of his boys because they come and leave in a second but why do I feel different with Off.

My mind kept replaying what I've seen over and over again this past days. It's even on my dreams.Sometimes I can't sleep.

I was pulled out of my musings when Nam tapped my hand And squeezed it I swiftly retracted my hand away.

"Tay, are you okay??You're not listening?!"- Namtan

"I'm just tired, please just leave me alone for now okay?" - Tay

"Oh okay" - Namtan

There was sarcasm in her voice. I never really liked Nam and she knows it, she is just a business partner nothing more. This engagement is an utter lie. Being a good son I was I just went with my mom's decision and followed through this scam.
She liked me yes but I don't I am just keeping face for my mom. Hoping my mom would see the disgrace that Namtan is.

"Are you still angry at Lè Luna incident" - Nam

"Wtf!Please leave me alone!!"- Tay

The board went silent at my outburst my head was aching I got sleepless nights and she is making it worse. It was all piling up the stress, Off, New, Namtan everything burst out that I can't control it anymore.