xvi. Bodies of Lies

Off Jumpol Adullkitiporn
CEO Tumcial Holdings Inc.

A man in his early 30's, established and successful. Was the only adopted son of the Adullkitiporn household, his early childhood days were spent in Thailand until his high school, after graduating he migrated to L.A. where they lived up to now.
He was a very promising young lad, a bit reckless and adventurous his night outs and partying came by with his name.
After graduating from college he focused on working and became the heir that he is, proving he is worthy of his parent's name. At that time he was dating Mild oh how he loved her and that love bear fruit it was Mint. A lovely baby girl.
When the baby came they wed and lived as a happy family until the tragedy that broke his heart. Mild and Mint had visited their parent's house in Thailand.
Mild was a simple person from a middle-class family her parents had a small business located in Bangkok, it was Mint's first visit, Off was scheduled to follow them after a few days because he was held up at work.
What transpired during the days he wasn't able to follow them was a tragedy.

Mint's family was forcibly evicted from their home because a redevelopment will be taking place in the area of their land which a lot of families and small businesses will be affected. Mint's parents were stubborn even with compensation for their losses they refused to leave.
That day was the last notice and some people are stubborn which resulted in a brawl, forcing people to come out of their homes and demolish their businesses. They did not survive and were buried under the rubble of their house.
That day many casualties were reported which were buried from the media it was kept under wraps because the government had a hand in it and the construction company that led the demolition at that time was the Techapaikun Industries.
Off later found out what had happened to his family and has kept it a secret since. And made everybody believe his family is fully intact and well in the eyes of the outsiders.

OFF POV

At present time...

"Joss, give me the report"- Off

" Here are the documents and the signed ones that the residents were all forced to sign, the recorded tape is inside the brown envelope"- Joss

"Are you sure about this, I mean if this goes out The Techapaikun will go down with them and everyone involved will take the backlash, including New"- Joss

" I... I already made up my mind, proceed as planned"- Off

He walked towards the glass windows clutching the ring on his neck.

"I am sure Tay would protect you, New I miss you if this was not as complicated as it was would everything be different?"- Off

He talked as if he was talking at New. His heart hurt he love him but he was not ready to bare it all for him, when he found out that he was a Techaapaikun he cried all night. He wished he was just Toy's lover or somebody just close to them. But he was not, he fell for him and he fell hard.
He uncovered all the dirt and pieces of evidence against the people who did him wrong, and he was relieved that none of them, New was involved.
But he knows New's name will be dragged into this scandal. They recently announced New as one of the Techaapaikun boys.
He was worried, he was nervous for New but he has to do what was right. The tape will be played at a senate hearing taking place in the following days that will be broadcasted throughout Thailand.
All he thought about was New, Mint, and Mild. He knew Mild would not be happy because he was torturing himself, but he wants to give justice to his deceased daughter and wife.

Touching the cold glass of the window, it was raining that evening. 
And he was set to meet Tay at dinner later on.

" I'm sorry New I do"- Off