I'm sorry- S.J & E.O

Background: You and Scarlett Johansson used to be married. You are currently Engaged to Elizabeth Olsen.

Male Reader. Chris Evans little brother because why not. Chris is 40. Scarlett is 37. Lizzie is 33 and you (Matthew) are 35. Rose is 7.

Word count: 2021

Warnings: Mentions of Death, Drugs, Alcohol and Verbal Abuse.
_________________________________

Matthew POV
"Hey Rosie Posey." I greeted the small child. She was sat at the snacks table on set alone. "Where's mama? Or Colin?" I asked her confused why she was alone.

"Mama's filming and daddy's gone to his work." Daddy. That hurt.

"Okay. You want to hang out with me till mama finishes?" I offered. She quickly accepted and we spent the rest of the day hanging out. We did things like stole Sebs ice cream from the freezer, we took Chris' shield so when he went to get it for his scene he couldn't find it. We gave it back eventually but it was funny.

Eventually Scarlett was finished with her scenes.

"Hey Rose. You gave fun with Matthew today?" Scarlett asked taking the child from me protectively.

"Yeah. I love Matty! Can we hang out more Matty?" She asked with puppy eyes.

"Another day Rosie." I smiled at her. She cheered making both me and Scarlett smile widely. "Hey, Scar. Can I talk to you? Without Rose around?" I asked. She nodded and asked Chris to watch Rose while we talked. He understood and took her back to his trailer while Scar and I went to mine.

"You have her call him Daddy?" I asked quickly getting straight to the point once we got in my trailer.

"Yeah." She replied as if it were obvious.

"He's not her dad." I replied with a pissed off tone, and rightfully so.

"He's more of a dad to her then you ever were, Matthew!" She said quickly matching my pissed tone.

"Only because you didn't let me! I wanted to be there but YOU didn't allow me. I wanted to see my little girl grow up and you pushed me away!" I countered.

"You couldn't look after yourself, let alone a child!" She shouted. It was quiet for a moment. "Sor-" I cut her off.

"You're right." I swallowed hard. I sat on the couch next to her. "I wasn't able to look after myself but even when I was and I tried to prove that to you, you still kept me away from her. Why? Why couldn't you just give me a chance? Let me see my daughter and do normal things a father does?" I asked now in a calmer voice.

"Because I was scared." I replied looking at her lap. Playing with the rings in her fingers.

"Scar." I started making her look at me. "I know I hurt you. I never ment to, believe me. But I would never hurt Rosie. In no way. No on purpose or by accident. Not physically or emotionally." She looked back down. The silence was deafening. "I assume she doesn't know?" I questioned.

"No. She knows Colin isn't her real dad but she doesn't know you are. We talk about you though, I never named you personally but she asks about her daddy. She asks to hear stories and asks what you were like. A few weeks ago she asked if you left because you didn't want her. I told her that you did want her but you had to leave for grown up reasons." She told me. I smiled at my daughter's interest.

"You ever plan on telling her the real reason I left?" I quired. She nodded.

"Yeah. When she is old enough to understand then I'll tell her."

"I have to assume that Colin knows. The guy really seems to hate me. Rightfully so. I would hate me if it were the other way round."

"Yeah, he knows. He knows all of it. But he doesn't hate you. He doesn't like you at all but hate, no. You're still Roses dad she he'll never hate you." She paused for a moment. "Does Lizzie know?" I shook my head no. "None of it." I shook my head again. "You have to tell her, Matthew. Your marrying her. She has a right to know."