Immortal- N.R

A/N: Wrote this ages ago and thought I had posted it but apparently not, so here.

Background: ...

Natasha Romanoff X MaleReader!Barnes (Bucky's brother)

Btw timelines are massively messed up. Just ignore it. This doesn't really follow much of the time line after the 1940's. Basically anything after AOU, never happened.

Word count: 2816

Enjoy :)
________________________________

   Name: Harvey Barnes
   Date of birth: November 15th 1923
   Gender: Male
   Ability: Shape shifting

That's what my HYDRA file read.

In the 1940's when my older brother, James Barnes was captured and experimented on by HYDRA, so was I. He was given a similar chemical to his best friend, Steve, he became a Super solider. I was the first of my kind. Only three to have ever existed. Shape shifters. Before I was experimented on I was tiny, weak, thin, short. There was practically nothing of me. I would have never made the army if my best friend, Howard Stark, didn't pull a few strings. After the experiment, I grew. Became stronger, taller and faster than James.

Weird isn't it. Me calling 'Bucky' James. That's his name though. I'm not friendly with my brother. He abandoned me and then killed my best friend and his wife. He was not worth a nickname.

When James was frozen, those were the best years if my life. Missions for HYDRA, no older brother to tell me what to do. When he was unfrozen, James assumed I too had been frozen the last 70 years. No. I was just lucky enough to not age, as if I were immortal.

The Avengers rescued James, and much to my dismay, me too. It took a lot more to set me straight. I wasn't against the Avengers but when James joined, I was. I became more loyal to HYDRA, making the Avengers keep me in a cell. I had more or less been completely given up on and forgotten about, nothing new for me, same old same old. All but three gave up. Steve Rogers. James' best friend, still had faith I could change like James did. Tony Stark. Pity because I was his father's best friend? Maybe but I looked out for the kid. He didn't need me to look out for him but I always would. Even though Tony and Howard never really saw eye to eye on things I knew Howard would be proud of what Tony's done, who he's become. Wanda Maximoff. I knew the Maximoff girl for a few years. The twins volunteered for HYDRA young, I looked out for them. Gave them some of my food since everyone was often given the smallest portions, just enough to keep us alive. She believed she owed me a debt, I helped her, she helps me. She got out, changed, she believes I can do the same.

There's a big part of me that wants to change. Do good and clean up my messes. But it would all be in James' shadow.

Today. November 15th 2023. My 100th birthday. What do I do to celebrate? Go out and get wasted? Have a fun day with my friends? Or sit in a cold empty cell and be lonely? Option three since I had no friends and I was trapped in this cell.

"Hey, Harvey." Wanda and Steve came into the cell, I wouldn't hurt any of them (except James) but only these two were brave enough to come into the cell.

"Happy 100th, pal." Steve greeted.

"You make me sound old, Rogers." The three of us laughed at my joke.

"Well, can you really be old when you're immortal?" Tony's voice came from outside the cell.

"I guess not. How are you, little Stark?" I used the nickname I knew he hated. "Been a few days. I missed you." I teased.

"Give him a break, Harv. He was on a mission, with your brother." Wanda said, adding the end bit quickly.

"Oh no. James didn't come back. What ever will we do?" I said dramatically.