Away- E.O

Background: You and Lizzie have been married for almost 7 years. You have a 6 year old daughter who you haven't seen in 2 years along with your wife since you have been away with the army.

Lizzie X MaleReader (Jacob)

Word count: 992

Enjoy :)
________________________

Lizzie POV
Today was the premier for Avengers: Endgame. I love my job of course but this was the part I don't love. The part that brings the stress and anxiety. Usually I would have Jacob with me to help but he's been away the last two years and won't be there tonight.

I could never ask for him to not go back. I know how much he loves his job and how much it means to him.

I had to get Emma ready. She was coming to the premier and walking along the carpet with me. I had my agent there to take her if she got too overwhelmed with the cameras and shouting.

"Emma." I sat down on her bed and softly woke her up. She like her father, not a morning person.

"Good morning Mama." She said in her tired, sleepy voice.

"Good morning, my baby. I'm going to make breakfast okay. How does waffles sound?" I asked knowing they were her favourite.

"Can you make them the way daddy makes them. With the berries and cream?" She requested.

"Of course, my baby. You get ready and I'll make them. Okay?" I told her as I left the room, allowing her to get up in her own time.

"Okay, Mama." She said as I left the room.

I went downstairs and made the pancakes. I put whipped cream and berries on top of Emma's like she requested, strawberries and blueberries.

--

"Okay, Emma. There will be a lot of pictures being taken and people shouting but it's okay. If it gets too much tell me and Maria will get you, okay?" I checked with the child before getting out the car.

"Okay, Mama." She replied. I opened the door and immediately the cameras began flashing and my name was being shouted.

Emma walked down the carpet with me, her tiny hand in mine. She posed for multiple pictures with me as we progressed along the carpet.

After about 15 minutes of walking down the carpet, the screams and shouts got louder, the number of cameras flashing to capture the person increased. I assumed it would be RDJ or someone more famous than myself but when I heard someone shout a name, it stopped me in my tracks.

"Jacob! Over here!" I turned towards where the cameras were facing and saw him.

My husband. The man I loved. The man I hadn't seen into two years, stood 20 feet away from me in his army blues.

I felt Emma let go of my hand and run towards him. I watched as her little feet carried her closer to him with each step.

"Daddy!" She shouted loudly, so loud I could hear it over all the shouting, as he picked her up. She nestled her head into the crook of his neck, a way she had done for years when finding comfort in her father.

He looked over to me with a bright smile which matched mine. He walked over with our little girl still in his arms. Once he reached me he put Emma down and wrapped both his arms around me in a tight hug.

"Hi." He said smiling as he pulled away. I didn't verbally respond, instead I just kissed him hungrily. Not hungry in a sexual way but hungry for his warmth and comfort and love.

"I missed you." I croaked out. My voice was breaking, showing I was on the verge of tears.

"I missed you more, mi vida." He kissed my forehead.

"Jacob! Elizabeth! Can we get a family photo?" The photographer directly in front of us asked. Jake picked up Emma and set her on his right hip so she was between the two of us.

We took multiple family photos that night. Some silly ones as well as serious ones. And I took individual ones, some with just Jake and some with just Emma.

When we got home, I knew I was going to ask him the question I dreaded more than any other question I had ever asked.

"When do you go back?" I asked as we were laying in bed, my head resting on his bare chest, enjoying his natural warmth and the comfort that came with it.

"I don't." He answered simply. I removed my head and looked up at him.

"What?" I asked half confused and half surprised. I didn't think he would retire so soon.

"I'm done. I'm retiring. I need to be here for you and Emma. Also didn't you say you wanted five kids. We're four away from the desired amount and they won't make themselves." He said with a smile. I effortlessly matched his bright smile but I was still confused.

"I thought you loved your job? Why are you leaving it so soon?" I questioned.

"You're right I do love my job but it's dangerous and puts both of us at risk, me at risk of not coming home and you at risk of me not coming home. We both know you wouldn't cope well with that and I wouldn't if it were the other way around. And I don't love my job a tenth as much as I love you or our family." I didn't realise I had started crying till he wiped the tears running down my cheeks. "Don't cry, baby girl." I blushed at the nickname.

"You're staying? Forever?" I asked, my voice breaking and horse.

"I'm staying, baby. Never leaving again, I promise." That night I fell asleep calm and content in my husband's arms. Dreams of our future and what our family will be clouded my mind as I fell into a peaceful slumber.