Rescued- S.J

Background: Scarlett and Charlie have been best friends for years. Known to everyone but Scarlett, Charlie has deeper feelings for her best friend but doesn't have the guts to act up on it.
She's also insecure because she is intersex. Of course Scarlett knows being best friends with Charlie for years but Charlie is still insecure.
Also, Charlie is the Set Photographer for Marvel (idk if that's a thing but it is now)

Set present day roughly

Rose is 7
Scarlett is 36
Charlie is 37
Colin is 38

Word count: 1609

Enjoy :)
__________________________

Charlie POV
Scarlett was supposed to be at my house 45 minutes ago for a movie night. She isn't answering any of her texts or phone calls so I began to worry. She never didn't answer me.

I was pulled by my thoughts with the sound of my phone going off. I quickly saw Scarlett's contact name and answered it.

Charlie: Scarlett!?

Scarlett: Charlie I'm scared.

Charlie: Rosie? Honey, what's wrong?

Rose: Mama and Colin are shouting and there's a weird lady here.

What the fuck?

Charlie: Okay Rosie. Can you go to your room for me. Give Mama her phone back and stay up in your bedroom till I come, okay?

Rose: Okay. Be quick please. I'm scared.

In the background of the call I heard glass smash as I turned my car engine on.

Charlie: Okay Rosie. I'm on my way. Are you or mommy in any danger? Is Colin or the other lady hurting you?

Rose: Mommy's crying. Hurry Charlie!

Charlie: I'm coming Rosie, I'm coming baby. Just wait for me in your room okay. I'm a few minutes away. Just give mommy her phone and go to your bedroom, okay?

Rose: Okay. Be quick, Charlie!

As she hung up the phone I jumped a red light, I didn't care. I was afraid that Scarlett or Rose were in danger.

I ran up the door and pounded on it with my first. Nothing. I started shouting for Scarlett but I could hear hers and Colin's shouting voices. I kept shouting and pounding on the door and after a minute or two Rose answered. She immediately threw herself in my arms. I could feel how fast her little heart rate was.

"You're okay, Rosie. Go upstairs, pack some clothes in a bag, okay? Don't come down till I come and get you." I told the girl as she ran to her bedroom.

I hurriedly made my way to the kitchen where I heard the shouting coming from. Scarlett had a few cuts on her cheek and there was a broken glass on the floor. There was a brunette lady sat at the kitchen island, on her phone, looking unbothered and unaware of what was going on around her.

"Scarlett!" I shouted from the doorway as Colin was in front of her with his hand raised, palm out. This dick was about to slap her.

I grabbed his wrist before he could make contact with her. I shoved him away and stood in front of him. His 6ft looked tiny compared to my 5'11. Although he was taller, I was much more physically stronger than he was.

He stared me out for a second, contemplating his next move.

"I see how this is. You think that if you 'protect' Scarlett she will love you back. That's sick, freak." He spat at me.