Twinkle- E.O

Umm, so I know all my one shots are happy (for the most part) this one isn't. It might break you heart. Sorry.

I don't know what got me in this shitty mood but I am and this is the outcome. I've written it how I thought it so it's kinda shit but I don't have the urge to change anything.

Word count: 871 (A short one)

It feels wrong to say this but enjoy I guess.

______________________________

Lizzie POV
"Lizzie we need to talk."

"Boys, can you go upstairs so daddy and I can talk please?"

The boys left

"What do you want to talk about?"

Silence

"Eddie?"

Nothing

"Talk to me you're worrying me."

"I have to go."

"Okay. Where are you going? When will you be home?"

"No. You don't understand. I have to leave. Permanently."

"W- what? Why?"

I started weeping

"I'm sorry Lizzie." And with that, he left.

I didn't see him again for a year. And when I did, it wasn't how I expected it to be.

"Lizzie you got a call!" Scarlett shouted from the kitchen.

"Can you answer it for me?"

Silence for a moment

"It's the hospital."

I took my phone from her

"Elizabeth Johansson?" The woman on the other line said. My husband's surname.

"Yes?"

"We don't think there is long left. If you would like to see him, we suggest coming ASAP."

"Who? What are you talking about?" Edward?

"You are Edward Johansson's wife, yes?" She confirmed

"Yes. Is he okay? What's wrong?"

Panic

"Mrs Johansson, when was the last time you spoke to your husband?"

"A year. He just left. I don't know why. Doctor what's wrong?"

"Mrs Johansson I'm really sorry to tell you this. 18 months ago we diagnosed your husband with leukemia. We've done all we can, there is still an extremely small chance he will get better but the odds aren't in our favour. I'm sorry. He's at (hospital address) if you would like to see him."

I stopped listening at leukemia. I just broke down on the spot once she hung up. Scarlett drove me to the hospital. She then took the boys and Rose to her mom's.

When I saw him on that bed, he looked so small and vulnerable. I could see a small blue part of his eyes but their twinkle had gone.

"Lizzie." He said weakly.

"Eddie." I sat next to him and broke down again as he heald my hand. "Why did you tell me?"

"I promised to never hurt you." He whimpered.

"Eddie. You should have told me. Someone. Scarlett. Your mom. My mom. Tom. Chris. Anyone Eddie. You didn't have to do this alone. We could have done so much together. Me. You. The boys. I can't live without you. Please don't make me live without you. I can't raise them alone." I couldn't bring my voice much higher than a whisper.

"I'm sorry, Lizzie. You'll be amazing." I mumbled.

"Eddie stop. You're going to be fine. You hear me. You'll be okay." I told myself more than him.

"I love you, Lizzie."

"No! Eddie stop!" His heart rate stopped. A loud beeping in my ears. "Eddie! Eddie! No!" I screamed as doctors pulled me away.

He was gone. I was never going to see the twinkle in his eyes again. Never going to hear his laugh. Never see him play soccer in the yard with the boys. Oh god the boys. What was I going to tell them? What was I going to tell anyone?

5 years later

He's still everywhere. I see him in Justin's eyes. I see him in Jay's smile. I smell him on the pillow I wake up next to every morning. I smell him in the hoodies of his I fall asleep sobbing into every night. I heard his laughter in the wind.

But then I actually heard his laughter. It wasn't my imagination. I rushed downstairs calling his name. I walked into the living room, seeing my eight year old sons watching the TV.

"Edward Johansson and Elizabeth Olsen best moments."

The title read. The video switched. Part of the bloopers from the set of Avengers: Infinity War. When he proposed to me. The video switched again, a still image of him. His usual happy self with the twinkle in his eyes again. A familiar voice, I couldn't out my finger on who's though.

Edward Johansson was loved by all.
He was an outstanding musician and an incredible person.
He left us too soon.
To his family and friends, we all send our condolences.
Edward was a pure kind soul who touched so many lives.
He wanted everyone to have the best.
He made sure everyone else was happy, even if it mean he wasn't.
Thank you!

His manager. That was the voice. His manager put together this video.

The picture of him faded away. A video of him at his concert. Playing the song he wrote for our wedding day. For me.

He was so pale. He looked so ill. How hadn't I noticed sooner? He never broke eye contact with the camera as if he were looking at me while he sang.

With that twinkle in his eyes.