Every little detail- E.O

Not going to give any background info on this one it explains it all in the story.

Lizzie is 29 in this.

Word count: 1894

Lizzie X MaleReader

This kinda sucks but imma post it anyway

Enjoy ;)

____________________________

Lizzie POV
Today I'm taking my little boy to set with me. He is almost five. Which means it is almost six years since I lost his dad. Jack.

Jack was my high school boyfriend. He was a man I fell deeply in love with and was prepared to spend the rest of my life with. We had started dating when we were 15. It didn't get really serious until we were around 17-18. When he was 19, he left for the army. The first two tours went well. He came home to me. When we were 23 he proposed to me and of course I said yes. He left two months later. A week after he left I found out I was pregnant with Noah. We had daily phone calls when he was away. The week between him leaving and me finding out I was pregnant, the calls were normal.

But then nothing.

After three weeks with no contact with him, I got a call from an unknown number. It was his Captain. He was MIA. After 18 months of him being missing, they stopped looking for him and announced him dead. There was no proof, no dead body but they couldn't find him anywhere or the rest of his unit. There was a billion to one chance he was still alive but we all knew he wasn't.

One of the things that pain me most is how much Noah looks like Jack. I see it in the way he talks and behaves. I see it in his deep blue eyes. In the freckles that covered his face. Even in the way he cuddles into me.

I haven't given up all home on Jack coming home. I wouldn't move on and go on any dates.

Noah would often ask about his daddy. Why did he leave? When will he come home? But he also asks to hear stories about him and what he would like. The five year old was interested by his father. I knew they would get along so well, given the opportunity.

After thinking about Jack for 30 minutes at the start of my day, as I did most days, I got up and got Noah ready to come to set with me.

"Mama?" Noah asked as I strapped him into his car seat.

"Yes, my sweet prince?" I replied, looking at him so he knew he had my full attention.

"Why do you never take your ring off?" He asked. Of course I wasn't going to lie to him.

"Because it's a special ring your daddy gave me when he asked me to marry him." I explained.

"Are you and daddy married then?" He questioned.

"No, baby. We aren't. He went away before I could marry him. I can marry him when he comes home, though." I said with a fake smile, knowing that I would most likely never marry him or anyone for that matter.

"When's daddy coming home, Mama? You're sad without him." Noah asked from the backseat as I got in the drivers set of my car.

"I am sad without him, yeah. But it's okay because I have you. And you remind me of him so much." I ended the conversation there. I put on some Disney songs because they were Noah's favourite and drove to set.

The day was long and tiring but it finally came to lunch. I went back to my trailer to eat with Noah, Scarlett, Chris Evans and Brie.

"Lizzie!" Scarlett snapped her fingers in front of my face, pulling me from my day dream.