Somewhere We Don't Know

Passionis

Omer spotted Defne's red hair as she hurried across the plaza towards the office, picking up his pace he tried to catch her, striding towards the elevator that she had just disappeared into. Stopping in front of the doors, he saw that it was full to the brim, with no chance for him to get in. She met his eyes in surprise.

"Excuse me, I want to get off."

He smiled and winked at her just before the elevator doors slid closed.

Taking the stairs Omer managed to arrive at the same time as Defne's lift, catching her coming out of the corridor just as he reached Passionis main floor.

"Good morning."

She turned to him, surprised. "Good morning Omer Bey."

Giving her a warm smile he looked her up and down. "Have you recovered?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, last night in the neighbourhood.. you weren't really yourself."

"Ah.. eh, when you showed up all of a sudden and said all of those things..."

"I said some things, but it's always me talking. How about you talk and I listen?"

"Actually, I like it like this."

He tutted. "Nope, we're going to talk... face to face... alone. So that we can figure things out."

"Okay, let's do this then... we're going on the work trip to Polonezkoy, as you know.. we'll talk and clear everything up there."

"So, we've got a plan."

"I guess we do." He smiled, happy to be able to talk to her like this. "Um, I should go, as you're aware we're really busy. But I should go first, right? So that no one figures anything out."

"Like what?" He smiled as he watched her struggle, enjoying teasing her.

"I mean we..."

"Okay, okay."

Biting his lip he smiled and sighed, watching her walk onto the floor. He felt lighter than he had in days, but now rather than being desperate to know how she felt about him, he was desperate to get her alone. No interruptions, no misunderstandings.

Following her out, he stopped at the reception desk, leaning against it and staring down the floor at her seated at her desk. She looked up and met his eyes, sharing a smile with him, openly staring right back at him. God he was happy. He was already thinking of ways that he could get her alone, preferably in his office, away from prying eyes.

"Good morning Partner, how are you?" Sinan approached him and patted his arm.

"Good."

"We need to talk, there's a couple of issues."

"There's no problems, we'll talk and take care of it."

Sinan raised his brows, confused by Omer's uncharacteristic good mood. The man was not known to be a morning person. "Really? Well let's see."

"Come on, let's go in."

Omer made his way to the office, Sinan following, and took one last lingering glance at Defne before entering.

Sinan sat on the arm of one of the brown leather chairs. "You're in a good mood this morning. What happened?"

"I woke up in a good mood. What's the problem?"

"I don't want to dampen your mood, but production isn't going to be able to do both orders. What should we do about the schools?"

"There's nothing we can do about the schools, we need those in a hurry."