Nothing Has Changed

It's been a while since I updated this story. To be honest, the whole Fikret part of the story bored the heck out of me. I don't think that it played out the way the script writers planned it to, so I've struggled to drum up interest to watch and rewatch those episodes. Hopefully I'll be able to update the next chapter sooner. 

He was in a meeting with Sinan and the finance team, his mind half on the graphs and numbers in front of him, the other on Defne. He needed to see her again, to see what, if anything, she might do. He loved this confident side of her, the side that knew how much he wanted her, and she was using it to her advantage. Toying with him. A teasing, playful Defne was one of his favourite sides of her.

Picking up his phone, he sent her a text. So, whatever you want?... It was only a few seconds before her response arrived, and he could imagine the smug look on her face as she typed it.

That's right.

He raised his brows and tried to hold back a smirk. If Defne thought that she held the power, she was sorely mistaken. She'd push him too far and then there'd be no going back, he hoped she was prepared to face the consequences of her teasing.

The meeting continued to drag out, and what was supposed to be a twenty minute briefing had extended to almost an hour, so when the knock came at his door he was grateful for the distraction.

"Come in."

Sukru entered, closing the door behind him and giving the occupants of the room a friendly smile. Omer noticed the small gift box in his hand. Walking around the desk, Sukru placed it in front of him. "Sir, this arrived for you."

Frowning Omer looked at the box. "From who?"

Sukru shrugged. "It would be best if you just opened it."

Omer picked up the box and nodded at the driver. "Alright Sukru, you can go." As the Sukru left, he opened the box, his eyes flicking up the room to make sure they didn't see what he was seeing. An apple, red, juicy, tempting. Defne.

Picking up the file in front of him he looked at the room, desperate to end the meeting. "Okay, it's looks like we have rough estimate of what we will need to prevent further damage. Then, as per your advice, we'll look for new clients."

Sinan sighed. "Yes, let's stay optimistic. Let's not get depressed and paint it all black. I never do that, I mean, I'm not built that way."

Popping the lid back on the box, he picked up his phone and texted her again. She wasn't telling him what he thought she was telling him, was she?

?

Her response was immediate. !

Omer smiled to himself, the girl was playing with fire. Sinan watched his partner with a frown. "What? Are you okay?"

Omer clapped his hands. "I'm good, good. Great." He was trying to keep the smile from his face, anticipation starting to build. The question now was, did he allow her to control the situation, or did he prevent her from forcing it? He wanted her, more than he'd ever wanted anyone, but he didn't want their first time to be planned, for there to be enough time for her to stress about what and when. Maybe a little more anticipation was what they needed, now that she was finally at the point that he'd been at for months.

When the finance team finally got up and left, Omer was left alone with Sinan. 

"You know Omer, if you just attend the party, if you can win over Gallo, all of the money problems go away. Do you know how much money people will pay to work with us? We'll definitely be able to secure new clients if we can secure that connection. I just need you to stop being stubborn and agree to go to that party."