The Ex Factor

Omer's House

Iz had shown up as suggested earlier in his office and dragged him out to a bar once again the previous night. With it being her last night in Turkey, he'd found himself agreeing, though more than anything he wanted to go to Defne. He was terrified of the distance between them that only seemed to be growing, knowing that even though it started when she ran away from the house in the mountains, he'd exacerbated the issues between them, helping that distance to grow wider.

Iz made it clear that she wanted him, there was never any doubt when it came to Iz, she was straight to the point, relentless. It was the same confident predatory behaviour that he saw in Yasemin, though Iz at least had a past with him. Iz was confident in her sexuality, experienced, knew what he liked, and vice versa with him. He knew how to satisfy her, but it was always impersonal, perfunctory. He hadn't made love to a woman in years, and sex just didn't do it for him anymore. He anted that connection again, that overwhelming emotion that came with making love to a woman that you couldn't imagine living without. He'd loved Iz at one point, but when the relationship broke down, the sex stopped being more than a practical solution for letting off steam. He thought back to his conversation with Sinan at the sector party, when he had told Sinan that he was still chasing the same girls that he'd chased at high school, seeing Iz and Defne together, he realised that he'd grown so much since his formative years. Iz and Defne were nothing alike, both were beautiful, intelligent and creative, yes... but that was where their similarities ended.

There was a pureness to Defne that he'd never seen in another person. Her traditional ideals, love for her family, humbleness... she was incredible, and that she hadn't already been discovered by another man was something he would never understand.

Walking through the red door he could hear Defne in the kitchen. She was everywhere, in his head, in his home... his heart. There was no escaping this hold that she had on him.

Walking through he dropped his bag. "I'm guessing breakfast isn't ready."

"Since when do you eat before your shower? It'll be ready once you're done with your shower." He hated this tension between them, he didn't want to upset her. "Oh, I only made breakfast for one, but...maybe you have a guest?"

"A guest? Like who?"

"I don't know, as you know, you're well known for your morning guests."

He accepted the jibe, Iz, Yasemin. She was clearly jealous of him.

"Iz is gone, Defne."

"Get out of here." He looked at her seriously, noting the relieved smile on her lips. "Oh, so she went?"

"She returned to Marseille, just as I told you she would. That's all."

"She left fairly quickly. She should have stuck around longer."

"I'll ask her back if you want?"

"No need, she's a brilliant and important manager...she's probably very busy."
She turned to the fridge. "Oh, should I make you a herb omelette this morning?"

He shrugged. "Alright." He smiled, relieved that her mood was picking up.

"And how about some carrot juice? It's been a while since you had it last, it's good for your eyes."

"Alright, sounds good. You sort it and I'll go for a shower."

He turned and headed upstairs, glad that she wasn't as tense as she had been when he arrived.

When he came back, she slid the tray onto the table in front of him. "Quick, it'll get cold."

"It smells great, bless your hands."