I Feel Like I'm Going to Die

Omer tugged Defne into the house, leading her to the sofa. Sitting down beside her, he took both of her hands in his and smiled, searching her eyes. "You're sure? Really sure?"

"Of course, I am. Omer, I love you, so much... I was sure before... and now, now there's nothing stopping us from being together."

"But you still won't tell me what it is?" She smiled apologetically and he sighed, nodding. "Okay, okay. I guess I will just need to learn to live with that... but you want to get married?"

A hand came up to stroke her hair gently. His eyes were warm as they searched her face for any hint of hesitation. "As soon as we can."

His eyes widened and he gave her a pleasantly surprised smile. "As soon as we can, huh?"

"I want to live with you again, Omer. To come home together, wake up together, eat together... I just want to be with you. I want to put all of this behind us."

With a bright smile he pulled her into his arms and sighed happily. "I want that too, Defne, I want that more than anything."

She hummed contentedly as he pulled her close, her arms grasping him to her. She'd finally found a way out from under Neriman's boot. Now she could have Omer, and he could have his family and his reputation. They could be happy, together.

Omer's House - The Next Day

Omer woke up and blinked, stretching he suddenly remembered the previous day and a smile spread across his face as he pushed himself up onto his arms. Defne wanted to get married, right away, she didn't want to put it off any longer. He could hardly believe his luck, after everything that they had been though together, they were finally walking this path together.

He couldn't wipe the silly grin off of his face, remembering the previous evening, sitting with her in his arms, sharing kisses and holding one another, making plans for the future, talking about their home, where they would go on honeymoon. It felt like a dream.

When he suggested that they speak with their families, she hadn't balked at the idea, instead, she'd enthusiastically agreed. This time felt different, this time, it seemed as though they could really finalise this thing, but the money issue still hung over him like a black cloud of uncertainty. Where she had found that money left a bitter taste in his mouth, and a ball of anxiety in his stomach. He needed to find out, and quickly, before she could be pressured by anyone else. 

Defne's House

On the other side of the city, Defne was daydreaming, her face pressed against the glass of the garden doors, a stupid smile on her face. Omer still wanted to marry her, the debt was gone, Neriman no longer had any hold over her. Suddenly remembering the pot on the stove she rushed forward.

"Ay, I swear it's going to stick and burn... Ay, Grandma, it was about to brim over!"

Turkan looked over to the stove from where she was cleaning the glass of the kitchen door. Running into the kitchen, she crowded Defne who was stirring the pot. "Ah, is my beautiful rice pudding ruined?"

"No, no. It's fine. I got there just in time."

Her grandma rolled her eyes at Defne's negligence and returned to cleaning whilst Defne lifted the pot and took it to the table. Running into the kitchen, Nihan stopped in front of her friend. "Girl! Are you going to tell me what's going on? I'm bursting here!"

Grinning, she couldn't help her excited nod. "It's awesome."

"Defne, this is called torture."

"Okay, okay. I'll tell you. Wait a second." Checking that her grandma wasn't listening, Defne nodded to the doors. "Come on, let's go outside."