chapter 8: never thought she'd look like that

Gothic, Hot Topic model, and slut were the first things that came to my mind when I first say Eliza. What the hell happened to my pink-loving best friend?!?! What happened to the pink frilly outfits we wore every single day? This change is, um, different than what Lexi and me are used to.

"OMG, it really is you guys!!" Eliza said as she started rambling off.

"Yea, it is us Eliza," I told her slightly awkwardly.

"Sophia," she said as she started to take in my appearance.

OK, now this is getting very weird. I hardly changed at all. Sure I filled out and all and I also got taller, but that is about it for me. Maybe my hair got longer and lighter from the sun?

"Holy shit you are drop-dead gorgeous," she told me while her mouth was hanging wide enough open to have a fly party in it.

"Ummmm, thanks," I said, but I think I ended up saying it like a question.

"Well, you are welcome," she replied.

"Well, we haven't changed much, but you surely have Eliza," Lexi just flat out told Eliza.

"Lexi," I told her under my breath only loud enough so that she can her. I hope Eliza doesn't catch it.

"Well, it's true," she said defending herself.

"I know, but you didn't have to say it out loud," I told her hoping that my point of 'dont be rude' gets across.

"No, no, it's OK," Eliza said before Lexi could retaliate anything else.

This is getting stranger by the moment. We stayed in an awkward silence what felt like forever. Eliza finally spoke up.

"I know I have changed. I guess you could say I met some different friends than what you guys are used to," she told Lexi and me trying to find the right words to explain her change in appearance.

"Like how?" Lexi questioned her.

"Well, like goths, Lexi." she told her nonchalantly.

"Oh," was all that Lexi and I could say about her hanging around goths.

"No need to say anything; they are really fun people to hang around with," she told us.

"Well, enough with the silence, let's go to my house already," I said breaking the awkward silence with my words.

"OK, let's go," Eliza said very excited about being back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                             ***At Sophia's house***

"Still the same I see," Eliza commented.

"Same house, but with one less person," I told her.

"What?" she asked slightly confused.

"Oh, Jace graduated last year so he is attending the university close by," I told her laughing mentally at how hilarious she looks when she's confused.

"Oh, I thought someone died," she said relieved by my answer.

"No, no, nothing like that," I told her laughing at her answer of Jace going to college.

"So what is Luke up to these days?" Eliza asked me.

"Making out with Katie on her bed," Lexi said with a disgusted look on her face imagining them making out.

"Hey, it's not that bad," I told her defending Luke.

"Really?" she questioned me.

"OK, fine, it's horrible," I confessed.

"Well, that's...........cool," she said failing for words.

"Yea, it totally is," Lexi said sarcastically.

"So, what are we doing  tonight?" Eliza asked dropping the subject of Luke and Katie lip-locking.

"Actually, what me and you are doing tonight," Lexi corrected Eliza.

"What does that mean?" Eliza asked confused.

"Well, Sophia and Mason have a date tonight since it's their 2 year anniversary," Lexi said in her most lovey-dovey voice.

"Awwwwww," Eliza cooed. Oh, why did Lexi even have to mention that.

"Yea, my 'surprise' date," I said putting air-quotes around surprise.

"What is with the air-quotes?" Eliza asked me confused yet again.

"Oh, I'm actually not supposed to know about the date yet," I explained to her.

"Yea, she found out, but since you're here you can help me get her ready," Lexi said happily that it will take have as long getting me ready now that there's 2 people helping.

"Ohhh, I love getting people ready," she said imagining getting me ready.

Dear God help me now!!! Why would you ever think about leaving me alone with these 2 maniacs?!?!?!

"Oh, help me now," I said looking up towards the sky.

"Oh, you will survive. Wait, Mason!?!?" Eliza told me but basically yelled the last part about Mason.

"Um, yea, why do you ask?" I asked shocked by her sudden outburst.

"Oh, nothing," she replied quickly.

"Well, ok," I said not fully convinced.

"Eliza, we have only 2 hours to get her ready so let's go," Lexi said like she was on a mission.

As soon as we walked in the door I was dragged up the stairs and into my room by 2 mad-women. I was also pinned to a chair. Why do bad things always happen to me? Wait a second I have my necklace on so this shouldn't be happening to me, so why is it? Oh, I know why. It is because I have a stupid date. Sure, it isn't stupid because it's with Mason, but I absolutely have getting ready for them. If the person really likes you for you then shouldn't you be able to go out in sweats? Well, that's not allowed in the dating manual according to Lexi. Darn her.