Chapter 27: A Little Thing Called Destiny

I looked all around me and I see that everyone was happy. Eliza was with Chase, Lexi was with Michael, Mason was with Ellie, Leigh was with Jason (obviously), and Scarlett was with her long-lost love, Eli. It’s a picture-perfect moment. When I looked around once more, I felt a pang of longing deep inside of me. I knew what I was longing for, but I wasn’t going to give up my pride to admit it. I didn’t notice it a moment before this, but the skies look pretty dark. Just then, thunder sounded.

          Everyone started to scream and holler. In a skater’s mind, it’s the best possible time to skate, but if it starts to rain that it freaking sucks! I just sat there on a ledge watching everyone skate and go super crazy and spaztastic.

                                       ***Jayden’s POV***

         There she is; there’s my Sophia. When the thunder sounded in the sky, she looked at all the chaos and smiled. She makes me melt at the simplest of things that she does. Oh, how I love her for that. Wait, me, Jayden Enrique Sander, possible of love?! Maybe it is possible. Though I’d hate to give up my player ways, I would do anything for Sophia.

           I can’t take it anymore. I need her. I need her to touch me in places where it should be highly illegal. I ran up to her and lifted her up. I securely positioned her legs so that they were on my waist and she wouldn’t fall down. She let out a shocked gasp when I did that. The thunder boomed very loud and it started to drizzle very light.

 “Sophia, we need to talk,” I yelled over all of the noise from the annoyed skaters grumbling about the rain.

 “There is nothing to talk about, Jayden! If there was, I would have nothing to say! What happened at your house was just both our lust levels combining,” she yelled right back.

 “There’s plenty to talk about! Like how I love you or like how you complete me! I need you, Sophia! I can’t imagine my life without you in it! Just come and live down here! I’ll take care of every aspect of it if you want me to! Please, just give us a chance! That’s all that I am asking you of! We’re meant to be together! Sophia, it’s called destiny! We’re destiny!” I yelled at her in desperation.

                                 ***Sophia’s POV***

         I can’t believe what he’s saying. It’s like the words out of my head just somehow came out of his mouth. I wish that all of what he said could be turned into our little reality. I want to give him and us a fighting chance, but how will this all work out? We live in 2 separate worlds! I’m and artist-slash-skater while he’s a skater-slash- major player. Sure, we both love skating, but is there more than that? There needs to be more. There has to be more for this to work out.

 “It won’t work,” I fiercely told him. It hurt me so much to have to say that to him. So much!

 “Don’t say that. It will work out, Sophia. Love will always make it work,” he told me. There was true love and confidence surrounding that sentence. Wait, I remembered something that he said earlier. He said that he loves me. Does he actually mean that?

 “You said you loved me; is that true,” I questioned him. If he’s joking I’ll kick him so hard where the sun doesn’t shine that he won’t ever be able to have children. EVER!

 “I love you, Sophia. I’m not kidding when I say that. I just admitted it to myself a couple of minutes ago, but it’s true. Beyond true! Screw your pride, Sophia! Admit how you really feel!” he encouraged me. He’s right. I really do need to say what I really am feeling.

 “Ok, fine! I like you too, Jayden! No, I love you! The whole ‘lust levels’ thing was a total lie. Destiny brought us together. I can’t live without you either! I’ll transfer and get a new job to be with you! It’ll be a struggle with my family and all, but we’ll work it all out together! I love you so much and love conquers all! “I admitted. I struggled to admit all that, but I did it. I did it because all of that needed to be said desperately.

 “Finally!” Jayden screamed out. He then looked me seriously in the eyes. Oh, how my heart skips a beat whenever I look into those beautiful eyes of his. His serious act stopped, and he put a sly smile on his handsome face. “And now we seal this with a kiss,” he told me as he sweetly kissed me; in the pouring rain too! I could get used to his sweet kisses in time. Screw that, I’m already addicted to them!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awwww, aren't Jayden and Sophia cute?!?! Now, I really wish I had someone to kiss in the rain with.

~Rachel~