𝐢. ᴋɪʟʟᴊᴏʏ

SEPTEMBER 4, 2006 NYC was the day that Alkaline Joy was brought into this shit world called earth

SEPTEMBER 4, 2006 NYC was the day that Alkaline Joy was brought into this shit world called earth. Her mother died right as she was born. Since then, Alkaline was bought into an orphanage and moved from house to house until she turned eight.

She faced a lot of discrimination being the only Asian girl wherever she went. That's why no one ever permanently adopted her or so she thought.

She had learned to fight at her time in the orphanage seeing as no one else could fend for her but herself. She became a troublemaker, got herself into fights, and stole whatever she could from whoever she could. Nevertheless, she was still a smart girl.

She vividly remembered that day when she got adopted. There was a strange old white man who walked through the door, that was all that she remembered, she was taken to his car and they went to where he lived. She had come to learn that his name was Garner.

Garner was a motherfucking G. They never really spoke to each other, guess he never found it necessary. He wasn't home a lot but when he was he'd be cooking for Alkaline or sipping a beer on his couch watching TV.

Even though he wasn't the best guardian, he taught her everything she knew in life. It took Alkaline months to get used to her new life. Every time she spoke she had expected a hand to her face or to be locked in a basement without any light, but Garner was different. He wasn't like any of those other adults she had lived with.

He offered her food, her own room, and a roof over her head. His place wasn't big or anything grand but that was all she ever needed. She thought very highly of him, with every ounce of respect for him.

He never once yelled at her or hit her in any way shape or form. Alkaline was so confused as to why he was being so nice to her.

Over the past year she's lived with Garner he had taught her how to cook, clean, and most importantly how to survive.

Dealing drugs was a new thing to her obviously but Garner was patient with her, never rushed her, and always used kind words in front of her. Her first drug deal was a surprise to her as she was greeted with a more familiar scenery, filled with drugs, (a lot of them) weed, and guns.

She had never seen Garner so loud and talkative. She had to get used to getting a gun pointed at her every time they went out to sold drugs.

Of course, they moved from place to place as the feds seemed to always trail after them like cockroaches until Alkaline turned 15 when they finally settled in East Highland Los Angeles, home of the rich white people and their bad traffic.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚✩˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Okay I know this was a bad start but I hope not too bad.