hot dog vendor

happy valentine's day!
okay so i like this OS better :)

"How about this one?" Rosé says, and Lisa rolls her eyes. The duo eye a hot dog stand and something in her stomach churns.

"No." Lisa says, dismissive as ever, and begins to move on. Rosé, however, holds her back.

"Lisa," she scolds, tugging her in the direction of the stand. "We've been looking for a place to eat for half an hour. I'm picking this place."

Lisa visibly grimaces, scrunching up her nose as she tries to fight back against Rose's death grip. It's fruitless, as anticipated. "But it looks so..." she lowers her voice, trying to be subtle like the person handling the food stand can hear her. She really can't. "Unhealthy."

"Whatever. I'm hungry and I couldn't care less," Rosé releases her hold off her, lightly nudging her away. Lisa quietly growls at the action, smoothing down her shirt. "Either you eat here or you can fuck off."

"Why are you like this?" says Lisa, and then she's following Rosé into the line. Why does a stand like this have a line, anyway? There's a vendor every time you turn a corner in this damn city.

"Hey, I'm just pissy because you've been denying my food requests for the past half hour. What's your excuse?"

Her jaw tightens but she doesn't complain. There's a part of Lisa that doesn't really feel like eating anything today, which probably why she denied all those previous requests, but she's missed food day with Rosé for weeks on end now and she guilt weighs heavy on her heart.

Lisa, like the petty person she is, stares daggers into the back of Rosé's head as she makes her order. She says something to the vendor and it's clearly funny because the vendor barks out a hearty laugh, and oh – it's a female laugh. Or, at least, a female-sounding laugh.

She only thought greasy, pot-bellied men worked hot dog stands on the side of streets. Then again, this doesn't look like your everyday homemade street dog. Nah, it's a lot more commercial. Lisa glances upwards to the big sign over the stand, which reads 'Sizzled Goods' and features a drawing of what is probably its mascot, a large hot dog with an overly enthusiastic smile. Yeah, commercial.

"Hey," the vendor calls out to her, which effectively snaps her out of her thoughts. She catches Rosé snickering in her periphery and casts a subtle glare her way. Rosé only laughs harder. "Hi."

"Hello," Lisa breathes, and there's something deathly wrong with this situation. Deathly, deathly wrong. The vendor casts her a small smile and her heart stutters a little. God, the vendor, she's so– so pretty, it's almost criminal. Lisa feels her palms begin to sweat. She wipes them onto her jeans.

Then, she stares, as any regular person in a regular situation would do. Lisa stares at the girl and tries to her best to figure out how someone can be so damn pretty – while the vendor begins to buckle under the scrutiny of her stare. It's not a mean or patronising stare or anything like that, it's just that Lisa looks at her with such childlike curiosity that the vendor, too, begins to sweat.

The staring match ends when the vendor licks her lips and ducks her head down, tucking a stray strand of brown hair behind her ear. Lisa stops psychoanalysing the girl and sheepishly scratches the back of her neck.

"Sorry–"

"Do–"

They both laugh, with just the right amount of awkward to send Rosé into hysterics.

"I'm–"

"Are–"

They begin again, and Rosé's having a fucking field day.