love is patient (but not always subtle)

one.

"Ready?" Lisa stands in the doorway to the room that Jennie splits with Jisoo and Yona. She reaches up to wrap her fingers around the top of the doorway, leaning forward and stretching her arms out. It's hot today, summer still refusing to fade away into fall.

"Just two seconds," Jennie mutters, pacing around the room, rooting through a bag and then pulling back the covers on her bed. "I can't find my keys again."

Lisa cocks her head, a smirk barely visible at the corner of her mouth.

"We're just walking down the street." Jennie shakes her head at this, turning back around and upending several books off her desk.

"Yeah, but I might need it to get back into the house." Lisa leans forward a little more, relishing the stretch in her shoulders, rotating her right arm slightly to crack her neck.

"I have my key with me, it'll be fine." She laughs softly, her smile going a little wider. "It's not like anyone is going to lock you out."

"Look—" Jennie tosses several sweatshirts off of a different bed, and Lisa raises her eyebrows slightly as she begins digging through a pile of Jisoo's sweats. "I just want to know where they are, okay?"

"Alright." She watches silently, pulling her weight slightly off of her toes with both arms, holding back a smile at the nervous way that Jennie flutters back and forth, refusing to search methodically and instead tossing random objects left and right as if this will somehow reveal the keys.

She's a focused person, detail-oriented and meticulous, except when it comes to matters of disorder in her own life. These types of crises happen on the regular, and Lisa is absolutely certain that these keys are not in this room, but more likely on the counter downstairs, or on the table in the living room, or somewhere else in completely plain sight. But she doesn't say anything, because Jennie will just complain and continue her search with twice as much vitriol, and besides, she doesn't mind watching her, holding back her own amusement. She's got nothing better to do.

"Yo." Dria stops in the hall behind Lisa, shower caddy and towel in hand. "What's going on?"

"Jennie can't find her keys," Lisa says with a small nod at the girl who is now on her hands and knees and halfway under her bed.

"Shouldn't you be, like, helping her?" Dria asks, leaning against the doorframe.

"Nah, it's more fun to watch." Lisa's smile is faint, and Dria levels a stare at her. "She's cute when she gets worked up."

Dria drags her eyes from Lisa's smile to the rather compromising position that Jennie is currently in, the back half of her body sticking out from under the bed and the rest completely hidden by a variety of organizational compartments.

"Right." Dria drags the vowel out, her eyes not leaving Lisa's face, her mouth quirking up at the edges.

Jennie sits up, shooting a glare at both of them.

"I could use some help." Lisa laughs, just lifting herself a little more on the doorframe.

"It's more fun watching," she repeats, and Dria isn't imagining the slight flush in her cheeks before Jennie stands, cursing, and begins rooting through her dresser drawers.

"Dude." Dria pokes Lisa's side. "Are you flexing?"

Lisa drops her arms from the doorway, shrugging, her cool complacency interrupted for a heartbeat.

"Just stretching," she mutters, rubbing at her tricep, and Dria backs out of the room, shaking her head.

"Tell Jennke good luck for me," her friend says, walking down the hall to the bathroom. Lisa leans against the doorframe, her head cocked to the right, as Jennie stops searching her bottom drawer and drops onto her ass.