you and i got lost in it

hbd to our lovely lisa! <3
let's send her lots of love!

Summer crept in like a thief in the night, staking away the chill of the omnipresent winter and the green of the spring like an absolute asshole. In their stead were the swelter, the month, the short sleeves, the long days. Summer was the reason that the occupant of the double bed in an apartment in the vast city of DC was struggling.

The blanket was stifling, but the blanket was also the only barrier to the cruel glare of the sun that had risen much too early. Not only that, the blanket was the only source of protection from any monsters hiding under the bed – especially when there was no one else in that bed, despite the rumpled state of the other side.

Jennie groaned, knowing that it was too much. The heat was too much. The brightness was too much. No matter her desire to keep sleeping, to enjoy this long awaited weekend after dealing with a big project for a stupid class for the last two months, the season couldn't give a crap. Fuck summer. She rolled onto her back and opened her eyes, hands touching the rumpled pillow next to her absentmindedly and mouth reluctantly curling into a smile when she could finally focus enough to smell the bacon and pancakes.

Or rather, the beginnings of bacon and pancakes. She wasn't too sure if she'd actually be able to taste them later.

Her girlfriend – the love of her life, the girl she loved with every single iota of her being and then more – was the worst cook in the world. If not in the world, then at least in Jennie's world.

The first time she slept over and her girlfriend made lunch, she had to swallow the hard spaghetti like it was totally normal, praising Lisa over and over again, despite Jisoo cackling in the other bedroom without any sort of discretion.

It was actually quite refreshing to know that there was something her girlfriend couldn't do. And yet, despite the well-equipped knowledge that the girl could easily kill someone with her cooking, Jennie found herself unable to tell the truth. Well, not the whole truth. She wouldn't exactly tell her girlfriend that her cooking was absolutely delicious, but she also wouldn't tell her that her food was entirely inedible.

There would be a day she would be honest, but today was not it.

A lazed yawn escaped her lips, accompanied by a suffering groan as she sat upright and stretched to lax her joints and bones. Without looking, she extended a hand to fumble on the bedside table until she found the device she was looking for, unlocking it to see a series of texts from her friends, Jisoo topping it.

She blinked. Jisoo never texted her. She never texted anyone but her sister. She would either call or get someone else to become the messenger.

Jisoo (6:03a.m.): She doesn't like balloons.

To make sure she saw the time stamp right, her eyes flitted to the top of the screen to see that the current time was four hours and more after Jisoo had texted. Of course she'd be the kind to wake up at the ass crack of dawn. The sisters were aliens.

Jennie (10:41a.m.): good morning i don't care if she doesn't like balloons i'm getting her balloons

Once she was sure that was it, she crawled out of bed and didn't even bother to put on any layers as she sauntered out into the living room in just a tank top and underwear. She would go naked if she could, but there was a likely chance that the apartment would catch on fire if she did.

Just as expected, her favorite person was standing in the kitchen, confidently stacking pancakes onto a giant plate and setting it aside before laying bacon strips on another smaller plate.

Jennie sidled up behind the blonde and encased her arms around the girl's waist, nose buried in tender and soft neck with an appreciative hum. The body trapped against her jumped slightly before relaxing, stopping her movements and just enjoying the moment.